[BHS Etree] BUSD: Dine Out With Us This Thursday (Feb. 18) All Day & Night in Berkeley

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Feb 17 18:27:55 PST 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Jezra Thompson jezrathompson at berkeley.net<mailto:jezrathompson at berkeley.net>

Dear Friends,

Do you have your meals planned out this week? I never thought that I'd say this, but take a break from cooking and make Thursday a Berkeley Dine Out day and night. Join us for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at these participating eateries and a percentage of your bill goes directly to supporting garden-based learning at all 17 Berkeley Public Schools!

You'll be supporting science, language arts, math, project-based learning, and nutrition-ed in the school garden! This also means getting our hands dirty planting fruits and veggies and learning why and how to eat them so we can be healthy and strong in body and mind.

With that said, please Dine Out.

Don't forget to get your Gardening and Cooking T-Shirt and buy a $5 raffle ticket for a tasty and hip prize. Look for ambassador's wearing the Berkeley Public School Gardening and Cooking Program T-shirt or stop by the Downtown Berkeley BART square, where we'll be tabling from 4-8 pm.

Dine Out here:
Benchmark Pizzeria
Cafe Rouge
Cancun
Comal
Elmwood Cafe
Eureka!
Five Bistro and Bar
Flacos
Gather
Gaumenkitzel
Jules Thin Crust
La Note
The Local Butcher Shop
Picante
Phil's Sliders
Pizza Moda
Saul's Restaurant and Deli
Taubaya

Be the lucky winner of one of these great raffle prizes:
Jules Thin Crust gift card
Phil's Sliders gift card
Picante gift card
Acme Bakery gift card
Chez Panisse gift card
Sweet Adeline Bakeshop gift card
Gaumenkitzel Restaurant gift card
Benchmark Pizzeria gift card
The Bar Method Berkeley gift basket valued at $250
Chez Panisse Cook Book signed by Alice Waters
Saul's Restaurant and Deli $50 gift card
Whole Foods Market gift card for $100

Happy Dining!!

Jezra Thompson
Program Supervisor
Gardening & Cooking Program
Berkeley Unified School District
510-486-9350<tel:510-486-9350>

Learn more about our District-wide garden-based education<http://www.berkeleyschools.net/gcp/>, where you can review our Program Semester Report<http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Gardening-and-Cooking-Program-Semester-Report-Sept-Nov-2014.pdf?864d7e> and check out the Berkeley High School student video<http://www.berkeleyschools.net/gcp/> that captures the heart of what we do.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/