[BHS Etree] MISC: BSEP - Join the Conversation about the Berkeley Schools Excellence Program!

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Feb 11 20:36:15 PST 2016

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Natasha Beery,
bsep at berkeley.net <mailto:bsep at berkeley.net>**

*
Join the Conversation about the Berkeley Schools Excellence Program! *

BSEP is funded by a renewable parcel tax measure, and provides *20
percent* of our public school funding. It is up for renewal in 2016 and
we really need your input. Come share your ideas for making BSEP the
best it can be for all of Berkeley's kids!

You're invited to a *Budget Workshop and Community Conversation* *about
BSEP* on _Thursday, February 25th_ from 7:00-9:00 p.m. at the BUSD
School Board Room, 1231 Addison Street.

  * Learn more about how BSEP supports our students
    <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001JE9AM02uTU3424omfcCslQE5a5K27YTN1TxNOwXTBuXEwgCM-ud0WbQ6Bnan7rBsThbufG_qkAJIXMGiS79JKYQfr8G0SqkSe59_eY4B_KXdTTmKDmUETjx2A10vOk8s5ILlMifd-ctd5xHl2lrxmhKk33AWPuRfmNZ4o_MuhQrwODMG8UPmdP6S1953oj8Ji7Sk_MVpcDbhtEOfhNkMB-dRzxqFrPMk02HdQTvpRNdOU2DOOigZXO5CaDRkzFPjyFhROYztU33jj8jBV787Bw==&c=u0XSFAC8Be5Au7DGJDqcQlllO8tU4BLJOC_uNadZM2_gIe73KH_bbw==&ch=B-FwiSXJ6Gl3lThQ3Ehk0h25-z7QlQ57Bb8fUQC0SOJgVzMHFXNY9Q==>

  * Consider class size options and other community priorities
  * Share your ideas for how to make BSEP-funded programs even better

We’d like to know how many people are coming!

RSVP online at:http://tinyurl.com/RSVP4BSEP <http://tinyurl.com/RSVP4BSEP>

/Childcare and Spanish translation available/

<mailto:athleticdirector at berkeley.net>

You can choose instead to attend one of the shorter *"Community
Conversations"*, if you would like to join a table talk about priorities
rather than spend a lot of time on budget details. You don't need to
have a child at the schools listed below - we want to have people across
Berkeley talking to each other about priorities for our schools!

February 17, 5:00-6:30 pm

King Middle School Faculty Lounge, 1781 Rose Street

March 2, 7:00-8:30 pm

Berkeley High School Library, 1980 Allston Way

March 10, 7:00-8:30 pm

Rosa Parks Elementary School Multipurpose Room, 920 Allston Way

March 14, 4:00-5:30 pm

Malcolm X Elementary School Library, 1731 Prince Street:

March 15, 7:00-8:30 pm *(en español)*

LeConte Elementary School en la biblioteca,2241 Russell Street:

Please click this BSEP link
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001JE9AM02uTU3424omfcCslQE5a5K27YTN1TxNOwXTBuXEwgCM-ud0WbQ6Bnan7rBsyndlDw5eMgMyjJ2qXIIAQw3iJG57hY0fUbrCQzsfP2bS1wTE3FDxyZLWqkK_1MriO_bMWAxP4mzFb_Fho2m23PkuYqy6N98DPp0dGTFqn4HPBDVNQAcLU2-nN5mavVfR5vbSN9UIhjXoogtWdup_15axXI3foNa3WxoSFICYKQ9KRtNDlDHTCSYqlZc3XUWMO9wJnNbzrGU4jsx3gJuyI8i4mp0_ckL3x9VLMvBEKa0fReL6utDgSLliuWwO5VJPUeQqmO2gZGYEIAAjPPwU9e1yuRcuCpVctcC8hsgDdknF0O_KIkFNkQ==&c=u0XSFAC8Be5Au7DGJDqcQlllO8tU4BLJOC_uNadZM2_gIe73KH_bbw==&ch=B-FwiSXJ6Gl3lThQ3Ehk0h25-z7QlQ57Bb8fUQC0SOJgVzMHFXNY9Q==> for
upcoming meeting times and event information, both in Spanish and English.

_____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe *(/The request must be sent from the email address that is
subscribed to the list/.)

To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>with one word only in the subject line:
*subscribe*