[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Holiday Meal 2015 Posting

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Nov 30 16:55:18 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

APOLOGIES FOR INCONSISTENT DATES IN PAST MESSAGES.

Dear BHS Community,

I hope that you had a wonderful family- and food-filled Thanksgiving
holiday!  The annual BHS Holiday Meal is rapidly approaching. . . less
than 2 weeks to go and

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

The BHS Annual Holiday Meal is one of the largest service events put on
by any high school in the East Bay. On /Saturday, December 12,
2015,/ hundreds of Berkeley High students will 1) host and serve a warm
meal; 2) offer clothing, blankets, toiletries and toys; and, 3)
entertain 300 to 500 homeless or low-income people and families in the
Berkeley community.

*Please consider contributing to our annual BHS Holiday Meal with a
donation of money or food.*

We gladly welcome anything from packaged or fresh food to monetary
donations that will help us buy ingredients to make our meal especially
delicious! Your donation will be heavily appreciated in the hearts of
the BHS and local homeless and hungry community. And, of course, your
donation is tax deductible. *_Any extra Thanksgiving ingredients lying
in your cabinets would make a great contribution to the meal._*

*Here are the details:*

*I.**Monetary Donations*

  Our goal is to collect $4,000 in order to support this event. Monetary
donations will help us buy basics, such as butter, sugar, flour, foil,
and other food to round out our meal. They will also help us cover the
cost of decorations and entertainment to make this not only a belly
filling but heart-warming experience for those who attend.

Checks should be made out to “BHS Student Activities” with “Holiday
Meal” in the memo line. Donations are tax deductible and a letter of
receipt with the school tax ID # will be provided upon request.

Checks can be mailed to:

Berkeley High School

ATTN: John Villavicencio

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA 94704

Of course, monetary donations (cash and checks) can also be dropped off
at the BHS Leadership Office (make sure it gets to Mr. Villavicencio).

*II.**Canned Foods Needed*

·         Beans (Kidney, garbanzo, black, green, baked, refried) Corn

·         Chili (Vegetarian, beef)

·         Soup (Chicken Noodle)

·         Cranberry sauce

·         Pumpkin pie filling

·         Tomato sauce or diced tomatoes

·         Pasta/ macaroni noodles

Please drop donations in any of the bins around campus.

*III. Fresh/Pre-cooked/Pre-prepared Items Needed:*

·      Pre-cooked turkeys (at least 20 needed)

·      Pre-cooked hams (at least 15 needed)

·         Desserts (Pumpkin and assorted pies, cookies, etc.)

·      Bread (Rolls, loaves, Corn bread)

·      Salads

·      Potato or yam-based dishes

·      Cheese

·      Butter (3 pounds needed)

·      Onions, Garlic, Spices, herbs, and other assorted seasonings

·      Any fresh hot or cold dish that you can lovingly donate

Fresh food donations can also be dropped off at Berkeley High School
between 4:30 pm-7 pm on Friday, December 11 OR 9 am-12 pm on Saturday,
December 12 to the main doors of the school at Milvia and Allston.

*IV.**Other Items Needed*

·         Cooking Oil (Olive oil or vegetable oil)

·         Coffee, juice, tea, or other beverages

·         Aprons, Gloves, Hair nets

Please drop donations in any of the bins around campus.

*V. Toiletry and Blanket/Coat Drive*

With the winter season on its way we want to help both Berkeley High
School students in transitional housing and the homeless community stay
warm. We are asking for donations of new or gently used blankets, coats,
and new toiletries including:

·        Blankets

·        Warm coats

·        Backpacks

·        Toothbrushes/toothpaste

·        Soap

·        Shampoo and conditioner

·        Feminine hygiene products

·        Mouthwash

·        Deodorant

·        Dental floss

·        Packs of tissues

·        Disposable razors

·        Shaving cream

·        Skin lotion

·        Combs

·        Q-tips

Please drop donations in any of the bins around campus.

*If you have any questions, please e-mail Mayumi Rubin-Saika, Chief of
Service (**mayumirubinsaika at students.berkeley.net*
<mailto:mayumirubinsaika at students.berkeley.net>*) or John Villacicencio,
Director of Student Activities (johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net
<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>).*

The BHS Student Leadership Team and the Berkeley High School
Administration *THANK YOU* for your time and generosity.

Respectfully,

  Mayumi Rubin-Saika, Chief of Service

John Villavicencio, Director of Student Activities

--

PASSION ---> INITIATIVE ---> CHANGE
John Villavicencio
Director of Student Activities
Berkeley High School

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA 94704

(510) 644 - 8990
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

@TheJacketHive

@BerkeleyHighASB

www.inventinghiphop.com <http://www.inventinghiphop.com>

____________________________

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at _bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>_.

BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BHS website:
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To _unsubscribe___from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email
address that is subscribed to the list.)
To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *subscribe*