[BHS Etree] BUSD: Berkeley High Think Big 2015 Photos and Videos

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Nov 21 22:10:17 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan markcoplan at berkeley.net<mailto:markcoplan at berkeley.net>

Berkeley High Think Big 2015

Berkeley High Think Big (Nov. 19, 2015) was modeled on TED Talks, and with an impressive lineup of speakers covering today's issues, it lived up to that inspiration. Below is a list of the speakers, and links to their presentations. The event was an Associated Student Body (ASB) fundraiser.

BERKELEY HIGH TH!NK B!G SPEAKERS
M. Mick Gardner Restorative Justice
Eli Cooper (2015 Alumni) Spread the Word to End the Word
John Villavicencio Decline of the Hip Hop Radio DJ
Dave Stevens Evaluating Student Data
Berkeley High Think Big Albrey Brown (2009 Alumni) Diversity in the Tech Industry
Dacher Keltner The Science of Happiness
Chayla Fisher Overcoming Hardships
Alecia Harger (2018) Racism & Race Relations at BHS
Kadijah Means (2015 Alumni) Combating Anti-Blackness
Kad Smith Civic Engagement

Berkeley High Think Big Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/albums/72157660699576577

Note: I defend Alecia Harger's right to show an image as evidence of a hateful threat against her as an African American, but I do not share that right as an ally so I've erased the hateful language in the example in this album. Her presentation of the sequence of events at Berkeley High was amazing (link below).

Berkeley High Think Big Videos
Berkeley High Think Big Albrey Brown: https://vimeo.com/146476121
Berkeley High Think Big Dave Stevens: https://vimeo.com/146476147
Berkeley High Think Big Eli Cooper: https://vimeo.com/146476164
Berkeley High Think Big John Villavicencio: https://vimeo.com/146501636
Berkeley High Think Big Alecia Harger: https://vimeo.com/146502972
Berkeley High Think Big M. Mick Gardner: https://vimeo.com/146511571
Berkeley High Think Big Chayla Fisher: https://vimeo.com/146522266
Berkeley High Think Big Dacher Keltner: https://vimeo.com/146521875
Berkeley High Think Big Kadijah Means: https://vimeo.com/146511676

Berkeley High Think Big Kad Smith: Unfortunately the last speaker was cut short due to a fire alarm on the campus that caused us to evacuate the theater. There was no fire emergency, but it was too late to regroup. We will find another way to record and share that presentation.

Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer
Berkeley Unified School District
510-644-6320<tel:510-644-6320> Cell: 510-472-3811<tel:510-472-3811>

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/