[BHS Etree] ADMIN: We Need You On School Committees!

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 24 12:20:59 PDT 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Natasha Beery at
natashabeery at berkeley.net <mailto:natashabeery at berkeley.net>

Dear Parents and Guardians,

Part of building a strong community includes the participation of
parents and guardians on school committees, so that we can make sound
decisions on how to spend resources in support of the many programs and
initiatives at Berkeley High. Please don’t worry about whether you’ve
served on committees like this before - we need a diverse group of
parents/guardians who are simply willing to put in some time to learn
about a wide range of programs, and work with the Principal, staff,
students and other parents/guardians to make good decisions on behalf of
all our students.

If you’re interested in nominating yourself or another guardian or
parent for a spot on one (or more) of these committees, please fill out
the form before September 30 at https://goo.gl/1yNgsd

*
*

*School Site Council (SSC)*

This elected committee reviews Berkeley High’s educational programs and
student achievement data, and supports the development and updating of
the school-wide Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA), which is
part of the accreditation process at the high school. In addition to
monitoring the Plan, the SSC approves the School Safety and the BSEP
Site Plans. Meets once (sometimes twice) a month on a Tuesday from 4:00
to 6:00 pm.

Questions? Contact: Jana Jandra _janajandra at berkeley.net
<mailto:janajandra at berkeley.net>_

*
*

*BHS BSEP Site Committee*

Parents elected to this committee have a role in allocating site funds
that come from the local Berkeley Schools Excellence Program (BSEP)
Measure A. The committee reviews the programs that currently receive
funding and considers proposals for funding new programs that support
student  achievement and school goals. Meets once (sometimes twice) a
month on a Monday, 4:30-6:30 pm.

Questions? Contact: Jana Jandra janajandra at berkeley.net
<mailto:janajandra at berkeley.net>

*BSEP P&O (Planning & Oversight) Committee*

If you are interested in how BSEP dollars are spent district-wide,
become one of your school’s BSEP Planning & Oversight (P&O) Committee
members. Learn how BSEP keeps class sizes smaller, supports our teachers
and, through this Measure, provides for school libraries, music and
visual arts programs, technology and a site-determined wish list.

Questions? Contact: Valerie Tay valerietay at berkeley.net
<mailto:valerietay at berkeley.net>

On October 6, any parents and guardians who are interested in serving on
these committees will be able to introduce themselves to the community
as part of our all-school​evening meeting. We’ll start elections that
night and conclude by October 9 so we can be up and running with our
committees in October!

*Natasha Beery*
Director

Berkeley Schools Excellence Program (BSEP) and Community Relations

(510) 644-8749 <tel:%28510%29%20644-8749>

_____________________________
Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

BHS website:
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To _unsubscribe___from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent from the email
address that is subscribed to the list.)
To _subscribe _to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net>bhs-request at lmi.netwith one word only in the
subject line: *subscribe*