[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Writer Coaching Training Sessions begin in Sept.

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 10 11:40:25 PDT 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Jeanne Schuman, *schumanj4 at gmail.com
<schumanj4 at gmail.com>*

Looking for an opportunity to volunteer at BHS?  WriterCoach Connection
(WCC) is a rewarding experience working one-on-one ​in the classroom with
students at every level of writing ability ​on their writing assignments.
In partnership with teachers, trained writer coaches help students
strengthen their writing and thinking skills by giving them constructive
feedback, challenging them to think more deeply, and building their
confidence as writers. The time commitment is only 1-2 hours, usually twice
per month, during the school day.

This year we're coaching 9th and 10th graders in AMPS ​and the ​9th graders
in ​AHA.  Our coaching sessions are on Wednesdays during Periods 1, 2, 4, &
5 and Thursdays during Periods 1 & 2.

Coaching is fun and rewarding — “The highlight of my week,” says one coach.

You don’t need to be a writer or teacher — WCC coaches are parents, college
students, working and retired people of all backgrounds, ethnicities, and
ages. Our in-depth training will give you strategies and practice to work
effectively with students, including your own. If you are unable to coach
right now, please tell a friend or neighbor who might be interested.

Sign up now for ​September or October trainings. For the complete training
schedule, register for a training, register to volunteer or for more
information, go to *www.writercoachconnection.org
<http://www.writercoachconnection.org/>* (click on "Volunteer") or contact
the BHS site coordinator - Jeanne Schuman (schumanj4 at gmail.com).

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Dylan Kaufman are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions
about the Etree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe *(The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.)

To *subscribe *to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*