[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: 1st Call to Help With Registration, Aug. 24-28

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Aug 13 16:22:11 PDT 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Lisa Sibony  lisasibony at berkeley.net

Hello Dear Community,
I hope everyone had a restful summer and that you are looking forward to the start of the new school year.

Berkeley High's registration takes place Monday, August 18 through Friday, August 22. Students pick up their schedule, have their picture ID taken, receive a locker assignment, check out textbooks, talk to counselors if there is a problem with the schedule, pick up free/reduced lunch forms, receive an organizer (free to all students this year!), and drop off emergency cards and other forms.

In addition, freshmen will participate in an all-morning orientation (new this year).

In order to facilitate the flow of students on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we need approximately 40 volunteers —20 in the morning (8:15 to noon) and 20 in the afternoon (12:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m).  Thursday and Friday we need 22 volunteers from 10:30 - 1:00.

We are asking a lot of our community but it is a wonderful time to be on campus.  Students, no matter what they say, are happy to be back on campus.  There is anticipation and excitement in the air.  If you can help, please let me know what day of the week you can help, and if you'd like a morning and/or afternoon shift Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or one of the Thursday/Friday shifts.

Monday, Aug. 24 -- Seniors
Tuesday, Aug. 25 -- Juniors
Wednesday, Aug. 26  -- Sophomores
Thursday, Aug. 27  -- Freshmen,  one volunteer shift 10:30 - 1:00
Friday, Aug. 28 -- Freshmen, one volunteer shift 10:30 - 1:00

For more info on registration please see:
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/information/2015-16-registration-info/

Thanks very much, hope to see you soon.

Lisa

Lisa Sibony
Outreach and Volunteers

Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Catherine Ference are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/