[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: Support Needed for BAF Golf Tournament, May 1 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 27 21:40:22 PDT 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Cindy Chang
cjchangsportsmd at gmail.com

There are still spots available in our inaugural Golf Clinic, for beginning
and novice players, and for Foursomes to play in our ANNUAL BHS golf
fundraiser at Tilden Park Golf course! For the first year in a long time we
have not sold out. This will directly impact the monies we raise and BAF's
ability to cover the stipends of 13 of our coaches, including all of the
freshman coaches, which means that BHS could cut these sports for next year.

PLEASE let's make one last BIG push this week to get friends and families
and companies to support this important fundraiser! Details below.

Golf Clinic:  Will feature driving, short game, and putting stations, with
expert instruction by BHS boys and girls golf coaches. The 3:30 pm clinic is
limited to 18 (ratio 1:6), so sign up now! $65 also includes dinner at 6 pm.

The 4 Person Scramble Golf Tournament starts at 12 noon (come early to
register and get your swag bag!) and ends with dinner at 6 pm. $125/player
includes 18 holes of golf and dinner, and a gift bag.

Can't get the day off? Then please sponsor a hole for only $250. The
business or non-profit organization that you designate will get its name on
all of the T-shirts which will be distributed to the golfers, AND a
sponsorship sign by the hole.

To register, please go to www.berkeleyathleticfund.net
<http://www.berkeleyathleticfund.net/> .

Remember, this is our major BAF fundraiser.  Why should you support the Golf
Fundraiser?

What does BAF fund/do?  Here are some examples:

a.         Stipends for 13 coaches INCLUDING all Frosh coaches and some
JV/Assistant coaches.

b.         HUDL service so that ALL teams can use their videotape for
review/recruiting.

c.         Stipend of the Admin Assistant in the athletic department. She is
instrumental in reviewing the PPE packets for ALL BHS athletes, among many
other administrative duties.

d.         Stipend of the strength and conditioning coach, who benefits ALL
BHS athletes.

e.         BAF manages ALL team funds, which is no small task. The donation
checks to each team are actually written to BAF, a nonprofit, so that
donations are tax deductible. When expenditures from team funds are
requested, BAF cuts the check and mails it. We manage all of the donation
lists and send out thank you letters to those who contribute over $250 a
year per IRS guidelines. We pay for postage and office supplies. And we rely
on the volunteer time of our board members.

f.          Installed and maintains the 7 AEDs (automated external
defibrillators) on the BHS campus, which benefits ALL BHS students.  BAF
provides a portable AED at Moellering Field and offers portable AEDs to
other coaches who are training off campus.

g.         Offers training and certification in First Aid and CPR/AED to ALL
coaches, as required by state law, which benefits ALL BHS athletes.

h.         Supports the Athlete Study Center, which benefits ALL BHS
athletes.

Please support BAF, and the BHS Student Athletes!

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message,
send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe

bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: subscribe