[BHS Etree] SPORTS: Three Students Sign Letters of Intent, Feb. 17 (Tues)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Feb 12 19:11:53 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Athletic Director
athleticdirector at berkeley.net

Let's Celebrate!

Please join us for a

National Letter of Intent Signing Day Celebration

Tuesday February 17, 2015 5:30-6:30 pm

Berkeley High School Library in D Building, Room D-226

Signing, congratulatory words and cake!

Berkeley High School Athletes signed:

J'aimoni Welch-Coleman, Weber State, Basketball

Isaiah Cassidy Western Oregon, Football

Franny Cerny DePaul University, Soccer

J'aimoni Welch-Coleman, 5'3" guard

Weber State University, Ogden, Utah

The Weber State University women's basketball team signed three new recruits
to national letters of intent on Wednesday. J'aimoni Welch-Coleman from
Berkeley, Calif., Tyschal Blake from Portland, Ore., and Emily Drake from
Pullman, Wash., have all signed to join the Wildcats beginning with the
2015-16 season. "All three of these girls are fierce competitors," said WSU
Head Coach Bethann Ord. "They all come from both high school and AAU winning
programs and will really contribute to the strength of our team."

J'aimoni Welch-Coleman is a 5'3" guard. She has earned First Team All-League
honors twice, earned Sports Stars Honorable Mention honors and was named the
NCS Junior of the Year. She has also been named as Oakland Tribune Girls
Prep Player of the Week multiple times. Welch-Coleman averaged 18 points,
seven assists, six rebounds and one steal per game as a junior at Berkeley
High. "J'aimoni is a floor general," Ord said. "She's quick, explosive and
small but plays with the heart of a 6'6" player. She will be another coach
on the floor and is expected to step up and become a great leader."

Isaiah Cassidy . LB . 6-2 . 220

Western Oregon, Monmouth, Oregon

Cassidy was team captain as a senior and averaged 8.2 tackles per game
throughout his high school career that included 5.0 sacks. Head Coach Arne
Ferguson of the Western Oregon Wolves said, "The things that we wanted to
emphasize in this year's class are the speed and size that they bring to the
college level. This class is the most complete class that I have signed in
my 29 years at Western Oregon that includes 10 as head coach."

Franny Cerny, Forward, Soccer

DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois

The class of 2015 features explosive forward Franny Cerny, goalkeeper
Vanessa Nigg from Okemos (Mich). High School and midfielders Elizabeth
Parrilli from St. Charles North and Madie Frick from North High School (St.
Paul, Minn.). "This year's recruiting class is a little on the smaller side
but is exceptional in quality," said DePaul coach Erin Chastain. "What I
like most about this class is each young woman has a lot of passion for
soccer and works extremely hard. We welcome these four incoming freshmen to
our program and know they will add a tremendous amount of value to our team
and to DePaul. They all have made their marks on the soccer world and in the
classroom, and we look forward to their arrival in August."

Currently competing in her senior season, Cerny leads the West Alameda
County-Foothill League in scoring with 31 goals. The conference MVP as a
sophomore and junior, Cerny appears headed for a three-peat of that honor.
She competed on the U-19 Czech Republic National Team that finished third in
the elite round of the 2013-14 Women's European U-19 Championships last
April. Cerny recorded an assist during that season. In September of 2014,
she had two goals and an assist in the first round of the 2014-15 Women's
European Championships.

"Franny is a wonderful attacking player," Chastain said. "She is tenacious,
feisty, mobile and fit. She has played at an extremely high level
internationally and finds a way to score goals. Franny comes from a
wonderful family, and we couldn't be more excited to add her to our
program."

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message,
send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe

bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: subscribe