[BHS Etree] ADMIN: CAHSEE-10th Graders, Feb. 3 and 4 (Tues and Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Feb 2 16:44:34 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Jorge Melgoza at
jorgemelgoza at berkeley.net <mailto:jorgemelgoza at berkeley.net>

Parents and Guardians,

The California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) will take place tomorrow,
Tuesday, February 3 and Wednesday, February 4. The English Language Arts
(ELA) section will happen on Tuesday and Math on Wednesday.

This is a requirement for high school graduation and *ALL sophomores*
are required to take the exam on both days. The exam is not timed and
students will return to their next period class after testing. Students
not passing the exam will have other opportunities to retake the exam
their junior and senior year.

Students must bring their*student ID *and report to the following
locations by*7:30 am.*

Academic Choice: Donahue Gym

Berkeley International High School: Jacket Gym

AMPS, AHA and CAS: Sophomores should check-in with their English Teachers.

Feel free to visit the following site for further information on the CAHSEE.

http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/hs/index.asp

*Regarding Attendance:
*

**

Please understand that teachers must mark students absent whenever
they're not physically present in their classroom, even if they know
where they are (testing, field trips, etc.) We realize that this causes
confusion but rest assured that students' attendance will be clear upon
receipt of the list submitted by test supervisors.

The attendance office will excuse all periods during which a student was
present taking the test. It is important for parents to know that they
will still get a phone call home at the end of the day because our
attendance office will not process the final roster of students who took
the CAHSEE until the end of the day.

Students are expected to return to class following the test. We will
only clear absences for periods specified by the test supervisor.
Parents- be advised that if students choose to sneak off campus after
they are done testing, they will be marked as 'unexcused' during any
period that the teacher marked them absent.

Respectfully,

Jorge Melgoza

Vice Principal

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree
to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a
message, send to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS