[BHS Etree] PTSA: Teen Alcohol/Drug Prevention Handouts

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Jan 30 18:06:06 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Jon Squire jonsquir at comcast.net

On Wednesday evening we had a very informative talk on Teen Alcohol and Drug
Prevention and Early Detection by Fran Wickner, a local therapist who has
been working with the BHS community for 30 years. Thanks to those that
attended!

Dr. Wickner gave us information on tips for talking to your teen about drugs
and alcohol, a checklist re: possible abuse signs, suggestions to responding
to questions about marijuana and other helpful educational and practical
information. If you missed the presentation, the handouts can be sent to
you. E-mail Dr. Wickner at: franwickner at hotmail.com or you can call her with
questions at 510-527-4011.

The next PTSA event will be an encore presentation by Dr. Pat LaDouceur on
Tues, Feb 24 in the library on "Parents, Stress, and the Teenage Brain".
This presentation was a sellout last semester!

Also, it is not too late to become a PTA member! Being a member keeps the
BHS PTSA healthy and increases our State PTA voice in Sacramento.You can
send your dues ($10 or more) made out to Berkeley High PTSA to:

BHS PTSA Membership

c/o Berkeley High School

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley CA 94704

Thank you!

Berkeley High PTSA

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message,
send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe

bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: subscribe