[BHS Etree] ADMIN: CAHSEE Feb. 3 and 4 (Tues and Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Jan 27 22:49:50 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Jorge Melgoza at
jorgemelgoza at berkeley.net

Parents and Guardians,

The California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) will take place next week,
Tuesday, February 3 and Wednesday, February 4. The English Language Arts
(ELA) section will happen on Tuesday and Math on Wednesday.

This is a requirement for high school graduation and ALL sophomores are
required to take the exam on both days. The exam is not timed and students
will return to their next period class after testing. Students not passing
the exam will have other opportunities to retake the exam their junior and
senior year.

Student must bring their student ID and report to the following locations by
7:30 am.

Academic Choice: Donahue Gym

Berkeley International High School: Jacket Gym

AMPS, AHA and CAS: Sophomores should check-in with their English Teachers.

Feel free to visit the following site for further information on the CAHSEE.

http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/hs/index.asp

Regarding Attendance:

Please understand that teachers must mark students absent whenever they're
not physically present in their classroom, even if they know where they are
(testing, field trips, etc.) We realize that this causes confusion but rest
assured that students' attendance will be clear upon receipt of the list
submitted by test supervisors.

The attendance office will excuse all periods during which a student was
present taking the test. It is important for parents to know that they will
still get a phone call home at the end of the day because our attendance
office will not process the final roster of students who took the CAHSEE
until the end of the day.

Students are expected to return to class following the test. We will only
clear absences for periods specified by the test supervisor. Parents be
advised that if students choose to sneak off campus after they are done
testing they will be marked as 'unexcused' during any period that the
teacher marked them absent.

Respectfully,

Jorge Melgoza

Vice Principal

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message,
send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe

bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: subscribe