[BHS Etree] BUSD: BHS Principal Search Update

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Jan 13 20:54:45 PST 2015

Dear BHS Families and Staff:

The executive search for the new BHS principal is well underway. BUSD staff
and BHS staff have partnered with The Cosca Group, an executive search firm
specialized in educational leadership, to handle the recruitment and
networking process.

We are fortunate to have the expertise of both Dr. David Brown and Dr. Lynne
Kennedy on our search team. They will be meeting with students and staff
throughout this week to gather information about our community and the
qualities we seek in our next principal.

Input sessions for BHS staff and students are continuing throughout the
week, and include a weekend session on Saturday, Jan. 17 at 10 am (in the
BHS library).

In addition to The Cosca Group's established professional networks, the
position is being well-advertised through various education recruitment
channels, including Edjoin, statewide through Ed Cal, the leading
educational administration monthly/website in California, and nationally
through the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP)
website.

The timeline allows for recruiting and the application process to be open
through March 6, though a solid pool of candidates is expected to be formed
even before then. The first round of interviews are expected to be held the
week of March 16-20, with a second round held between March 23 and March 27.

Our goal is to be able to announce a finalist on or around April 10th.

More information will be forthcoming as the details become finalized.

We expect to have a number of qualified candidates to choose from when this
work is done. We are also most grateful for the leadership that our current
principal, Ms. Glenchur, as well as the entire BHS administrative team and
faculty, are providing for our students daily as this process continues.

Respectfully,

Donald Evans, Ed.D.

Superintendent

Pasquale Scuderi

Assistant Superintendent, Educational Services

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message,
send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe

bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: subscribe