[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Award Winners - California School Library Association

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Jan 9 17:11:46 PST 2015

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Ellie Goldstein-Erickson
elliegoldstein at berkeley.net <mailto:elliegoldstein at berkeley.net>

Dear Community,

I am pleased to announce that our library, in collaboration with
teachers from the Special Education and the English Learners
departments, has won the Annual California School Library Association
"Good Ideas" Award. This award was given to BHS for a program we
instituted last year for students in the Special Education INE Literacy
Classes and some classes of English Learners.  Students of Ms. Bell, Mr.
Chernack and Ms. Riedell developed templates for book talks, chose books
to read, then created posters and presented book talks on their
independent reading selections at roundtable gatherings in the library.
This was a formal event with fancy hors d'oeuvres and awards for each
student. The Berkeley High School Development Group funded gift
certificates from Pegasus Books for all participating students so that
they could purchase books of their own to read over the summer.

We are repeating this program again this year both first and second
semesters, expanded to include more teachers and students. We are so
proud of our students and teachers!

Please join me in congratulating these teachers and departments!  Hurray
for Berkeley High!

Ellie Goldstein-Erickson

Teacher Librarian

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree
to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a
message, send to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe***To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*