[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Recent passing of BHS student, Kaleb McYates, and Alumni, John Adams

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Jan 5 19:20:16 PST 2015

Dear BHS Community,

We are sad to report the loss of two BHS students, one current and one
2014 graduate.

AMPS junior Kaleb (kah-leb) McYates died suddenly on December 31 from a
massive brain aneurysm. The AMPS community will be honoring his memory
in some connection to his beloved homeland, Ethiopia.  AMPS student
leadership invites all who are interested to meet on Tuesday at lunch in
H201 to discuss what form of remembrance they want to do. They will let
the BHS community know how to contribute if you feel so called. For
those who want to send condolences to his family, there is also a poster
outside of H201 to write your thoughts. His father asked us to remember
his thoughtful and caring spirit.

The BHS community also lost 2014 graduate, John Adams, in a car
accident. Several community members attended his memorial last Wednesday
and our sincere condolences go out to his family and friends. I've
attached his obituary here:
http://www.dailyrepublic.com/obituaries/john-benjamin-calvin-adams/.

Our thoughts are with the families and friends of these young men. BHS
Counselors are available as needed for student support.

--

Kristin Glenchur

Principal, Berkeley High School
kristinglenchur at berkeley.net <mailto:kristinglenchur at berkeley.net>

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree
to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a
message, send to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe***To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*