[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Correction - School Closed on Thursday, Dec. 11

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Dec 10 17:09:51 PST 2014

Dear Community,

Given the most recent information by multiple weather services about the
large storm headed to the bay area, and in the interest of maintaining
an abundance of caution where student and staff safety is concerned, we
are making the difficult decision to cancel classes and after-school
programs for tomorrow, December 11, 2014.

San Francisco, Oakland, Marin, and a number of other neighboring
districts have also decided to close.

Among the chief concerns factoring in to our decision are:

  * Potential injuries to students and staff coming to and from school
  * Possible delays with transportation, both for district bus lines and
    parent drivers
  * Weather-related hazards in and around school campuses (downed power
    lines, structural hazzards, etc.)
  * Possibility of inadequate student supervision if large numbers of
    staff have difficulty getting to campuses
  * Potential power outages and the complications they will bring to
    bear on the regular school day
  * Potential for flooding at school sites or in classrooms
  *

As always, we will be overcautious in making decisions about student and
staff safety. We expect school to be open on Friday, December 12.

--

Kristin Glenchur

Principal, Berkeley High School

_________________________________

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree
to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a
message, send to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS