[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Message from Principal Glenchur Regarding Walkout Today

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Dec 10 13:33:20 PST 2014

Dear Community,

We are aware that BHS student leaders are organizing a peaceful walkout
today at 2:30. Students who choose to walkout at this time will not be
allowed to reenter campus. Their plan is to leave class immediately after
fifth period and walk out to Civic Center Plaza where they have organized
speakers. They intend to march after school up to the Cal Campus. Given the
last several nights of protests, it is possible the gathering could include
a large number of non-students.

BHS Safety staff and the Berkeley Police Department are aware of the
student walkout. While we respect our students' right to express
themselves, we have advised the organizers that we cannot guarantee their
safety when they walk off our campus and that their absence from class will
be marked unexcused.

These activities may disrupt traffic on Allston.  We recommend you
communicate with your child re: alternate pick up locations on Milvia or
MLK.

--
subject line: 'subscribe'

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/