[BHS Etree] LEADERSHIP: Holiday Meal Posting #4

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Dec 1 20:33:18 PST 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio
<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net> johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

Dear Berkeley Community,

Thank you to the 200+ people that have signed up to volunteer. We have
already received over 10,000 pounds of food and money over the last four
weeks. We are well on our way to reaching 15,000 pounds of food and funds.

We are in the most need of canned goods, prepared food, and donations for
the toiletry drive. Any extra Thanksgiving ingredients lying in your
cabinets would make a great contribution to the meal. Please consider
sending your student to school with a few cans to drop off at the bins
located outside of the leadership office in the main building.

The following video link shows the magnitude and impact of the meal, if you
have not been a part of it before. We are working with CAS student
filmmakers to produce a new video for this year.

 <http://youtu.be/N6pB-CASrJ4> http://youtu.be/N6pB-CASrJ4

Holiday Meal 2014: Chief of Service Julia Rosenberg is organizing the
Holiday Meal committee to prepare for this amazing event where 300-400 meals
are served.  Friday Dec. 12 4 - 8 is cooking/set-up. Sat. Dec. 13 is when
the meal takes place from 1 - 3 pm.

Food Drive: What we are most in need of is pre-cooked hams or turkeys,
potato or yam-based dishes, green salads or vegetable dishes, and
canned/packaged foods such as tuna, soups or pastas.

Fresh food donations can be delivered between 4:30pm-7pm on Friday, December
12 or 8am-12pm of Saturday, December 13 to the main doors of the school at
Milvia and Allston. There is a loading zone located here. Please indicate
what time you would like deliver your donation.

Toiletry and blanket drive: Our names are Nicole Tan and Tamar Baumer and we
are members of the Homeless Support Club at Berkeley High. With the winter
season on it's way we want to help the homeless community stay warm. We plan
to give donations to homeless students here at Berkeley High and give the
remainders out during the Berkeley High Holiday Meal. We will have bins for
donations placed throughout Berkeley High including near the front office
and in the C Gallery. We are asking people to donate new or gently used
blankets and new toiletries including:

.           Backpacks!!!

.           toothbrushes/toothpaste

.           blankets

.           soap

.           shampoo/conditioner

.           feminine hygiene products

.           mouthwash

.           deodorant

.           floss

.           Kleenex packs

.           disposable razors

.           shaving cream

.           lotion

.           combs

.           Q-tips

Thank you so much for considering a contribution or for volunteering at the
event. Have a great day!

For more information about homelessness and the housing crisis in Berkeley,
consider attending a city Homeless Task Force meeting. They will meet again
at the North Berkeley Senior Center from 6:30-8:30 pm on Dec. 15. Or you can
visit the new BOSS website at  <https://self-sufficiency.org/>
https://self-sufficiency.org/

John Villavicencio

Director of Student Activities

Berkeley High School

(510) 644 - 8990

 <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net> johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message,
send to:  <mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe

bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line: subscribe