[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: CR Help, Oct 29. (Wed.)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Oct 27 15:32:53 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Tamara Friedman
tamarafriedman at berkeley.net <mailto:tamarafriedman at berkeley.net>

We continue to be grateful for all of your support last year and this
year as we take on our ambitious Constructed Response effort to get kids
reading more informational texts and writing expository essays.

Again this fall, we are doing multiple writing assessments. Students
have already completed the "English Constructed Response" and will now
take the "History Constructed Response."  In September over 1,800
freshman and sophomores read articles and write argumentative essays
ALL BHS teachers scored student essays and talked about student work.
All of these efforts have contributed to a sense of collaboration around
making sure that we provide academic rigor to all of our students.  We
will do a total of four writing tasks (Constructed Response) throughout
the school year.

Right now, we're approaching the History Constructed Response writing task.

*_We'll need volunteers on Wednesday October 29th to organize the
materials for our this effort. Anytime between 8:30 and 11:30 in C323 -
the PD office. _*

*__*

*_Email_*glennwolkenfeld at berkeley.net
<mailto:glennwolkenfeld at berkeley.net> or tamarafriedman at berkeley.net
<mailto:tamarafriedman at berkeley.net> if you can help us out.

Also, stay tuned for opportunities to participate in scoring student essays!

Tamara Friedman, NBCT

Berkeley High School Professional Development Co Coordinator

ELD Coordinator

(510) 610-7795 <tel:%28510%29%20610-7795>

facilitators of the Etree; please direct any questions about the Etree
to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a
message, send to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS