[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: (Correction) Writer Coaching at BHS - New Training Sessions Now

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Sep 10 19:56:02 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Jeanne Schuman *schumanj4 at gmail.com
<schumanj4 at gmail.com>*

Looking for an opportunity to volunteer at BHS? WriterCoach Connection
(WCC) is a rewarding experience working one-on-one with students at every
level of writing ability on their writing assignments. In partnership with
teachers, trained writer coaches help students strengthen their writing and
thinking skills by giving them constructive feedback, challenging them to
think more deeply, and building their confidence as writers. The time
commitment is only 1-2 hours, usually twice per month, during the school
day. This year we're coaching 9th and 10th graders in AMPS; 9th Graders in
CAS.....and new this year, 10th graders in AHA!

Coaching is fun and rewarding — “The highlight of my week,” says one coach.

You don’t need to be a writer or teacher — WCC coaches are parents, college
students, working and retired people of all backgrounds, ethnicities, and
ages. Our in-depth training will give you strategies and practice to work
effectively with students, including your own. If you are unable to coach
right now, please tell a friend or neighbor who might be interested.

WCC will have a booth on Solano Avenue (near Colusa) during the Solano
stroll on Sunday, Sept 14. Please stop by to say hello or with any
questions you might have.

*For the complete training schedule, register for a training, register to
volunteer or for more information, go to www.writercoachconnection.org
<http://www.writercoachconnection.org/> (click on "Volunteer") or* contact
site coordinators Jeanne Schuman (schumanj4 at gmail.com) or Sahib-Amar Khalsa
(sakk at mindspring.com).

Jeanne Schuman & Sahib-Amar Khalsa

BHS Co-Site Coordinators

WriterCoach Connection

510-967-5673 (Jeanne)

schumanj4 at gmail.com​

bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree
archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS website:
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

one word only in the subject line: *unsubscribe*

To *subscribe* to the etree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one
word only in the subject line: *subscribe*