[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Thank you + Help the 1st Week of School and More

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Aug 22 20:41:30 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Lisa Sibony
lisasibony at berkeley.net <mailto:lisasibony at berkeley.net>

Today, Friday, was the last official day of registration week. Berkeley
High is grateful to the many wonderful volunteers who made this week
possible. It was a pleasure to meet the new families and students and to
see familiar faces. So many of you came in to help, a handful of you
came in for more than one shift. Every single one of the volunteers was
positive and flexible, which reflects back onto our students and staff
-- Thank you, Thank you!

1. On Wednesday, August 27, the first day of school, we need eight
volunteers from 7:45 to 8:45 a.m. to help with students who missed
registration.

2. The first week of school - Wednesday through Friday - we need
"runners" to deliver schedule changes to students who have put in a
schedule change form. Students must attend all classes on the schedule
which they collect during registration (no matter how off or wrong).
Counselors will get back in touch with them as fast as possible by
sending runners with the new schedule to the classes found on the old
schedule. The schedule changes go on all day, though the mornings tend
to be busier.

3. The first 10 days of school, we need 2 runners during 2nd period to
help collect official attendance data. This is a fun task which takes
place between 9:45 and 10:30 every day between August 27- September 10.
You will get the rare opportunity to walk into classrooms during class time.

Next week is an exciting and important time to be on campus -- if you
can help, please let me know and/or report directly to the Front Desk.

Thank you,
Lisa

Lisa Sibony

Outreach and Volunteers

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

To***_unsubscribe_***from the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an
email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word
only in the subject line: *subscribe*