[BHS Etree] BUSD: 2020 Vision Community Forum and "First Generation" Film Screening, May 28 (Wed.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon May 26 08:29:31 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Dawn Robinson,
dawnrobinson at berkeley.net

You are invited to a *2020 Vision Community Forum and screening of the
documentary, /First Generation/*

When: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 6:00 to 8:45 PM
Where:  Malcolm X Elementary School, 1731 Prince Street, Berkeley, CA
What: Come and hear about the exciting progress our community has made
toward ending racial predictability of academic success in Berkeley's
public schools. The update will highlight: Progress Data, Programs in
Action, Next Steps and How to Get Involved.

The film, /First Generation/, will be shown from 6:45 to 8:45 and will
include a brief discussion. The documentary screening is an invitation
to our community to increase awareness and advocacy for all students'
success and access to college. This documentary engenders community
responsibility by shedding light on challenges some students may face as
they embark on their journey. The film tells the story of four high
school students - an inner city athlete, a small town waitress, a Samoan
warrior dancer, and the daughter of  migrant field workers -- who set
out to break the cycle of poverty and bring hope to their families and
communities by pursuing a college education. This 65 minute documentary
explores the problem of college access faced by first generation and
low-income students and how their success as major implications for the
future of our nation. For more information, visit:
http://www.firstgenerationfilm.com

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.