[BHS Etree] BUSD: Two Berkeley Principals Appointed as Directors in Educational Services

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu May 15 09:40:12 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan
markcoplan at berkeley.net <mailto:markcoplan at berkeley.net>*
*

*
Berkeley Unified School District*

CONTACT: Mark Coplan, BUSD PIO

Cell: 510-472-3811 <tel:510-472-3811> markcoplan at berkeley.net
<mailto:markcoplan at berkeley.net>

*Two Berkeley Principals Appointed as Directors in Educational Services*

**

Berkeley, CA -- Berkeley School Board President Josh Daniels announced
tonight that two BUSD principals will be moving into the District Office
to fill two exciting new Directors positions in the Educational Services
Division. Longfellow Principal Pat Saddler will be the Director of
Special Projects and Programs, and Jefferson Principal Maggie Riddle
will be the Director of Schools. Both will report to BUSD's new
Assistant Superintendent, Pasquale Scuderi, who is moving over to the
District from Berkeley High where he's been principal for the past four
years.

Pat Saddler came to Berkeley in 1999 as LeConte Elementary School
Principal until she was asked to take the helm at Rosa Parks Elementary
School in 2005. At Rosa Parks she established an API score for a school
that had not historically participated in California Standards Testing
(CST), and gained 36 points over a three year period. In 2008 Saddler
moved up to secondary, when she became principal at Longfellow Middle
School, her current assignment.

Maggie Riddle began her teaching career in 1993, and joined the
Jefferson Elementary School staff in 1996. She remained in the classroom
until 2007, when she was named principal, a role she has excelled in
over the past seven years.

"I believe that we have some real movers and shakers in the organization
already, so I'm glad for the opportunity to promote from within. I'm
looking forward to seeing the work of these two in their new roles in
the years ahead. We have a lot of work before us, and these steps are
only making our team stronger," said Dr. Donald Evans, Superintendent.

In her new role as Director of Special Projects and Programs, Pat will
be directing, coordinating and monitoring the implementation of federal,
state and District requirements related to educational planning and
accountability. This will include directing processes to ensure quality,
compliance and accountability of all programs outlined in the Single
Plans for Student Achievement and Local Control and Accountability Plan.

Maggie Riddle will be our new Director of Schools, and she will be
supporting preschool through eighth grade principals with strategic
instructional leadership, sound operational management, and authentic
family and community engagement for the purpose of meeting annual
targets for school climate, student achievement, and closing the
achievement gap.

--
Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.