[BHS Etree] EVENT: Disaster Preparedness Fair April 26 (Sat); BHS earthquake preparedness

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Apr 25 17:32:09 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Margit Roos-Collins
margitrooscollins at comcast.net

The  <http://www.cityofberkeley.info/PrepFair/> Berkeley Emergency Prep Fair
will be this Saturday, April 26 from 10am-2pm at North Berkeley BART Station
(Virginia at Sacramento St.). This is a great opportunity for all of us to
take action while having fun and spending time to build our community
readiness for emergencies. While it is aimed at being a fun event for
everyone including children, it is an important event for our whole
community.

Rolf Bell, a member of the Disaster Preparedness subcommittee of the BHS
Safety Committee, will be present from Noon until 2:00 pm to answer your
questions about the level of earthquake preparedness at Berkeley High,
current preparedness efforts, and ways you can get involved if you are
interested.

At the fair, you will learn from the interactive presentations, on-site
trainings, and demonstrations designed to get you and your family better
prepared. Families will enjoy live music, food, activities and games for all
ages where we can learn together and get ready together. Also, pet
preparedness is one of the central themes as we look to prepare all of our
family. See the
<http://www.cityofberkeley.info/uploadedFiles/Fire/Program-04142014-reduced.
pdf> fair program for more details on the many activities you and your
family can take part in.

Below is a link to an article about the fair.

<http://www.berkeleyside.com/2014/04/21/are-you-ready-to-help-kids-pets-when
-disaster-strikes/>
http://www.berkeleyside.com/2014/04/21/are-you-ready-to-help-kids-pets-when-
disaster-strikes/

<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message, send to:
<mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe.  To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: subscribe.