[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Compassionate Leaders Afterschool Program, Info. Mtg April 22, 23 & 24

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 21 08:44:29 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Vlad Moskovsky at
info at compassionateleaders.org <mailto:info at compassionateleaders.org>

Dear BHS Parents,

I want to tell you about a program that I recently started at Berkeley
High School (BHS) that needs your support. Compassionate Leaders is a 12
week after school program that brings mindfulness, leadership
development, and service learning projects to teens in the Bay Area. We
ran a successful pilot program last Fall at BHS and currently have 12
students in the Spring cohort who are tackling prison system issues
through a participatory photography project.

In order to solve the complex problems our world is facing, we need a
new generation of leaders with a high degree of emotional intelligence
who work collaboratively towards the greater good. Schools are failing
to provide children with the mindfulness, empathy and service learning
skills they need to become such leaders of the future, which is why I
started Compassionate Leaders. *This week we are holding 30 minute info
sessions: Berkeley High School 3:45pm, April 22, 24, or 25, Room: H106*

*Here are a few quotes from past participants:*

/"The experiences from the program helped me understand myself as an
individual and taught me that having compassion is something valuable."
Faustine Yiu/

//

/"It's a program that teaches you how to become a stronger leader and
how to take risk on things that you wouldn't want to do."/

//

/"I use these (mindfulness) skills all the time, especially in
connections I make with other people. It makes me a much happier person
keeping these practices in my life." Emeric Laverne/

*Ways YOU can help
*
1. Spread the word, email a few friends, parents, share via social media
about our program.
2. Help us recruit more teens by sharing about this program with other
teen parents. More info on www.compassionateleaders.org
<http://www.compassionateleaders.org/> *We are holding 30 minute info
sessions: Berkeley High School 3:45pm, April 22, 24, or 25, Room: H106*

With gratitude,

Vlad

--

Vlad Moskovski

/Executive Director/

/c: 732.895.1501/

Inspire with Vision - Lead through Action!

www.compassionateleaders.org <http://www.compassionateleaders.org>

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.