[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: Berkeley Athletic Fund Meeting, April 14 (Mon)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Apr 13 19:50:07 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Richard Boyden
rboyden87 at gmail.com

Hello parents and supporters of Berkeley High Athletics!

Our regular meeting will be Monday, April 14, at 7:00 pm in the BHS Library.
We have important issues to discuss, including the upcoming Golf Classic
fundraiser May 2, BAF's continuing administration of team funds, and
parents' successful presentation to the School Board regarding resources
last week.

Regarding the School Board meeting, thanks to Carrie Dovzak, Locke Jaeger,
Jim Nageotte, Waymon Jenkins, Carol Reitan, Jeff Jue, Betsy Bigelow-Teller
and Chris Aria who spoke on behalf of Athletics, PE and Fitness programs in
our schools.  Thanks also to Stephanie Allen, Brad Johnson, David Mayer, and
Coach Peter Wright who all showed up but were not called on.  We also had
Dr. Hannah Thompson of the U.C. School of Public Health, who is an expert on
PE and disparate health outcomes, who also addressed the board and did a
great job.

We made a big impression.  It looks like the School Board is going to
appoint a Task Force in the fall to study our issues and make
recommendations.  So far, mission accomplished!  We have a lot to be  proud
of in our Athletics Community and what we have achieved so far!

We are preparing to wind up the school year in the next few months which
means we have to start thinking about next year.  Election of officers and
board members will be at our May meeting.

Please come out and help us support our Berkeley High athletes!

If you have questions or any concerns at all, please contact me

Richard  (510) 847-6889

<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message, send to:
<mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe.  To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: subscribe.