[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Admin Help with CR - Round 3, March 18 (Tues.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Mar 13 12:13:24 PDT 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Lisa Sibony
lisasibony at berkeley.net <mailto:lisasibony at berkeley.net>

Dear Parent Volunteers,

We are so grateful for all of your support as we take on our ambitious
Constructed Response effort to get kids reading more informational texts
and writing expository essays.

In the fall, during the first weeks of school, English teachers across
the school targeted writing instruction along with strategies for close
reading. In October over 2,400 freshman, sophomores and juniors read
articles and wrote argumentative essays. Subsequently, ALL BHS teachers
scored student essays and talked about student work. All of this efforts
have contributed to a sense of collaboration around making sure that we
provide academic rigor to all of our students.

In November, we repeated the efforts through our History courses.
Constructed Response is a critical piece in our school wide transition
to the Common Core State Standards and we'd love your support in making
it happen!!

Thanks so much to the parent volunteers who have worked in the past to
make this effort possible.  We had several volunteers help with
organizing and distributing materials across the school in October and
November. We couldn't have done it without you.

Now, we're approaching "round 3" of Constructed Response through our
Science classes and we'll need your help again!

On *Tuesday, March 18th, *we'll need volunteers **to organize the
materials for our second Constructed Response effort. Anytime between
9:30 and 11:30 or 12:30 to 3:30.  We'll be working in the Admin
building, starting at 9:30 and could use at least 6 people.

Tamara Friedman**

--

Lisa Sibony

Outreach and Volunteers

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.