[BHS Etree] SPORTS: Updated Tryout Information for Spring Sports

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Feb 10 20:43:08 PST 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact BHS Athletic Director
athleticdirector at berkeley.net <mailto:athleticdirector at berkeley.net>

Spring Athletes and Families -

Thank you for getting in your Athletic Packets and helping to get things
ready for a great BHS Spring Sports season (if you haven't, please
quickly bring it to the AD office!).  Due to the overlap of Winter
sports and Spring sports we have a serious disadvantage of lack of gym
and field space. We want to assure you that we have been hard at work
looking at every possible solution and adjustment. We are very grateful
to all of the Coaches for helping to accommodate each other and
creatively looking for ways to make sure you all have the best start
possible.

In some cases we are still putting the final touches on the schedule,
but we did not want to wait any longer to communicate with you. We will
continue to get information out as quickly as we are able. You may also
be in touch with the Coaches for each sport or with our office at
athleticdirector at berkeley.net <mailto:athleticdirector at berkeley.net>

*_Badminton_*

Coach Max Phonvongsa maxphon1995 at gmail.com <mailto:maxphon1995 at gmail.com>

/Monday February 10/

//3:30-5:30 meet in the Stadium bleachers

/Tuesday February 11/

//3:30-5:30 outside conditioning, meet at Track

/Wednesday February 12/

//3:30-5:15 Jacket Gym

/Thursday February 13/

//3:30-5:30 outside conditioning, meet at Track

/Friday February 14/

//3:30-5:15 Jacket Gym

*_Baseball _*

Coach Matt Bremer mattbremer at berkeley.net <mailto:mattbremer at berkeley.net>

/Monday February 10 - Friday February 14/

10th, 11th and 12th grade at Moellering Field (Derby and Martin Luther King)

4:00 p.m. until Dark

9th grade at Willard Middle School Baseball Field (Derby and Telegraph)

6:00-8:00 p.m.

*_Crew - Boys_*

Coach Chris Dadd thecrew4bhs at earthlink.net
<mailto:thecrew4bhs at earthlink.net>

/Monday February 10 (if interested but can't make this day, please email
coach)/

4:00-6:30 p.m. behind Jacket Stadium at BHS

*_Crew - Girls_*

Coach Gulliver Scott gulliver at berkeleyhighcrew.org
<mailto:gulliver at berkeleyhighcrew.org>

/Tuesday February 11 and Thursday February 13/

//4:00-6:30 p.m. behind Jacket Stadium at BHS

*_Golf - Boys_*

Coach Brandon Chapman bchapman at lakechabotgolf.com
<mailto:bchapman at lakechabotgolf.com>

Time and Date TBA

Tilden Golf Course

*_Lacrosse - Boys_*

Coach Stephen Stock stephenstock at gmail.com <mailto:stephenstock at gmail.com>

/Monday February 10/

//7:00-9:00 AM BHS Jacket Stadium

/Tuesday February 11, Wednesday February 12/

//4:00-6:00 p.m. Derby Field (Martin Luther King and Derby St)

/Thursday February 13/

//6:00-8:00 AM BHS Jacket Stadium

*_Lacrosse - Girls_*

Coach Erinn Tibbets erinntibbetts at berkeley.net
<mailto:erinntibbetts at berkeley.net>

/Monday February 10, Tuesday February 11, Wednesday February 12/

6:00-8:00 a.m. BHS Jacket Stadium

/Thursday  February 13/

4:00-6:00 p.m. Derby Field (Martin Luther King and Derby St)

/Friday February 14/

//Time TBA, Conditioning at BHS Stadium Turf

*_Softball_*

Coach Jason Kaneko jktkaneko at yahoo.com <mailto:jktkanedo at yahoo.com>

/Monday February 10 - Friday February 14/

4:30-6:30 at Grove Street Park (Martin Luther King and Russell St)

Arrive cleats on ready to go 4:30-6:30

Girls will need cleats, tennis shoes, glove, sweatshirt, and sweats or
softball pants.

*_Swimming, Diving - Boys and Girls_*

Coach William Gaebler williamgaebler at berkeley.net
<mailto:williamgaebler at berkeley.net>

/Monday February 10 - Friday February 14/

First day of practice: Monday, February 10, 2014

Meeting for all swimmers and divers at 4:00 pm at the BHS pool.  Swim
equipment not required on the first day.

Monday through Friday:  Swimming - 6:30 - 8:00 am and/or 4:00 - 6:00 pm.

Diving - 4:30 - 7:00 pm.

Saturdays - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm.

Athletes are expected to attend at least one practice session per day,
Mondays through Fridays.  Attendance will be taken daily.

*_Tennis - Boys_*

Coach Jalen Cobeen jcobeentennis at gmail.com <mailto:jcobeentennis at gmail.com>

/Monday February 10 - Thursday February 13/

4:05-6:05 p.m. at King Middle School Tennis Courts (Hopkins and Colusa)

*_Track and Field - Boys and Girls_*

Coach Bradley Johnson bradleyjohnson2 at gmail.com
<mailto:bradleyjohnson2 at gmail.com> or

Coach Darrell Hampton dhampt2 at yahoo.com <mailto:dhampt2 at yahoo.com>

/Monday February 10 - Friday February 14/

4:45-7:00 p.m. meet on West side bleachers (MLK side) by the BHS track

*_Volleyball - Boys_*

Coach Tony Wu tonyw1988 at gmail.com <mailto:tonyw1988 at gmail.com>

MON 2/10

TUE 2/11

WED 2/12

THU 2/13

FRI 2/14

SAT 2/15

Open Gym

8-9:30a

Donahue Gym

Conditioning

4-5:30p

Jacket Track

Open Gym

5:30-7p

Jacket Gym

Conditioning

4-5:30p

Jacket Track

Open Gym

5:30-7p

Jacket Gym

OFF

Condition on your own

MON 2/17

TUE 2/18

WED 2/19

THU 2/20

FRI 2/21

SAT 2/22

OFF

President's Day

Tryouts

TBA

Tryouts

TBA

Tryouts

TBA

Tryouts

TBA

Tryouts

TBA

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.