[BHS Etree] JAZZ: Jazz Ensemble and Combos at Yoshi's Photos

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Feb 5 07:33:13 PST 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan
markcoplan at berkeley.net

The Berkeley High School Jazz Ensemble and Combos were at the top of their
game at Yoshi's Tuesday night when they played to a packed house. In the
audience were Board Member Julie Sinai, Superintendent Donald Evans, Deputy
Superintendent Javetta Cleveland, BHS Principal Pasquale Scuderi, Thousand
Oaks Principal Jennifer Corn, Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator Suzanne
McCulloch and some of our music teachers. It's also amazing how many of our
teachers and staff show up to these events as parents!

Video is yet to come, but here are photos of the show.

BHS Jazz Ensemble at Yoshi's 2014 Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157640526585875/

BHS Jazz Director Sarah Cline, told the crowd about the Ensemble's pending
trip back to Cuba in a week, when they plan to take music supplies with them
to leave behind, and are looking for donations.

Thanks to Board Member Julie Sinai who share these thoughts about the
concert as well as a link to donate:

"So thoroughly enjoyed the BHS Jazz Ensemble at Yoshi's tonight! They were
superb! Such talent, we should all be so proud of our BHS music programs and
the dedication of our teachers and students! They're raising funds to take
music supplies to Cuba this month - feel free to donate."
http://www.bhsjazz.org/donate/

Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.  To post a message, send to:
<mailto:bhs at lmi.net> bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives:
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/> http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/;
BHS website:  <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/

To unsubscribe from the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: unsubscribe.  To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: subscribe.