[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Service Fair Invitation

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Jan 31 17:47:57 PST 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

Dear BHS Community Member,

March is Berkeley High School's Month of Service and we would love for
you to be involved as a partner!

Beyond raising awareness about issues both local and global, one of the
main goals of Berkeley High's Month of Service is to increase student
involvement in community service.  Berkeley High is going to host weekly
events on campus, but we hope that students will take the initiative to
do service off campus as well.  There are two ways we hope to involve
you as a partner:

1. We will host a *_Service Fair on Wednesday, March 5 from 9:30am to
12:20pm on our campus_*.  We would love for you to have a table at this
event to spread awareness about the issues you address and offer any
service opportunities.  An estimated 1500-2000 students will attend!

2. We would like to generate a list of service opportunities going on in
the month of March and advertise that list around the school.  Please
let us know if you have any by responding with the dates, times, number
of volunteers needed or required, contact information, and any other
information that you find important.

*Please let us know if you are interested in having a table at our
Service Fair and/or provide any service opportunities we can advertise
on campus. *

Furthermore, during the Month of Service, Berkeley High will also be
coordinating its *_annual Service-A-Thon_*, in which students will get
sponsors to donate per hour of service they complete. The money will go
to a fund projects such as a funding a children's center or for the
Homeless Youth items drive. *_We are letting you know this because we
simply ask that if a BHS student presents a form to you we hope that an
adult at the service event could sign off on it.
_*
Thank you for doing the work that you do around the community. Berkeley
High's Associated Student Body is eager to help your cause in the Month
of Service and in every other month as well.  If you have any questions,
comments, or concerns please feel free to contact us.

--

ONE BIG SCHOOL, FULL OF GREAT LEADERS!!!
John Villavicencio

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.