[BHS Etree] MUSIC: Donate Gifts for Cuban Music Students

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Jan 29 18:37:21 PST 2014

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sarah Cline,
sarahcline at berkeley.net

Hello BHS Community--

The BHS Jazz Ensemble is traveling to Cuba from February 14 - 22.  We
will be carrying gifts for students at the Escuela Nacional de los
Artes, where we will be studying for 4 days.  This is the top arts high
school in Cuba, and the level of musicianship is amazing!

Due to a variety of political and economic reasons, our hosts do not
have access to good quality music supplies, and so we will be bringing
violin, viola, cello and bass strings, sax and clarinet reeds, valve
oil, drum sticks, a small bass amp, sheet music, etc. as gifts.

If you would like to donate to this cause, we would be very grateful!
  You may do so by dropping off an envelope with cash or a check (made
out to BHS Jazz) to Arhonda at the front desk.  ALL money collected will
be spent on music supplies, which will be carried by BHS students
directly to Havana.  No donation is too small -- a couple of bucks times
many people can buy a lot of reeds, and really help out our friends.

Thank you so much!

Sarah Cline

BHS Jazz Director

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.