[BHS Etree] SPORTS: BHS GIRLS - RIDE/RACE WITH BHS MOUNTAIN BIKE TEAM!! 1st Clinic, Dec. 8 (Sun.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Dec 4 17:43:19 PST 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email contact Celeste McCartney,
westceleste at gmail.com <mailto:westceleste at gmail.com>

The BHS Mountain Bike Team is an athletic club sport that is coed and
depends on our girls participation in the races. This is a great sport
to learn bike handling skills, increase power and strength, learn new
trails, and have fun with your teammates.

We will be holding our annual bike check and 1st skills clinic on 12/8.
Interested riders should bring their bikes, helmets, water bottle, and
warm clothes to Mike's Bikes on University Ave (cross Oxford Ave.) at
10:30 AM. After all bikes are inspected, we will proceed to do a
handling and safety basics refresher for new and returning riders on the
UC Berkeley Campus--location TBD. The inspection is mandatory for all
riders participating with the team and the clinic will be mandatory for
all new riders.  Please email me with any questions. If you cannot make
the bike check, please let me know and we will figure out an alternative.

<tel:510-407-2761>

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SKILLS CLINIC YOU MUST
HAVE A COMPLETED NICA WAIVER.  WE WILL HAVE SOME ON HAND, BUT YOUR
PARENT/GUARDIAN MUST BE THERE TO SIGN.  THESE MUST BE COMPLETED BY
ANYONE RIDING.

If you need a bike let us know.  We have a number of loaner bikes
available. The NICA Waiver form can be downloaded at:

http://www.nationalmtb.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/AgreementtoParticipateandReleaseofLiability.pdf

Also see our BHS website: http://bhscycling.org/how-to-join.html

December 8th is great opportunity to try it out before committing to the
club. Bring along your interested girl friends too! Hope to see you there!

Girls Assistant Coach

Celeste McCartney

email- westceleste at gmail.com <mailto:westceleste at gmail.com>

cell- 510-407-2761 <tel:510-407-2761>

NICA Licensed Coach

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS website:
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/bh <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.