[BHS Etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Holiday Meal Information, Dec. 14 (Sat.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Nov 10 15:12:02 PST 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact John Villavicencio
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

Dear Parents and BHS Community Members,

The annual Holiday Meal will take place on Saturday, December 14. This
special event features over 300 BHS students serving a warming meal,
offering clothing, books, shoes, toys, blankets and providing
entertainment for some 400-500 homeless or low-income people and
families in the Berkeley community. Our goal this year is to collect
15,000 pounds worth of canned food. Canned goods are now being collected
in each classroom or at bins placed around campus.

*DONATION INFORMATION:*

THANK YOU so much to the very generous donors who have already
contributed funds and promises to volunteer at this event. It appears
that our need this year could be over previous records because of more
frequent event promotion as well as suspension of other city wide events
similar to the Holiday Meal. We would like to prepare for this possible
influx of attendees by having as much food on hand as possible. And
don't worry, all remaining canned goods go to the Alameda County Food
Bank with prepared food going to a local shelter. We are seeking fresh
food or monetary donations to help us put on this special event. What we
are most in need of is pre-cooked hams or turkeys, potato or yam-based
dishes, green salads or vegetable dishes, and canned/packaged foods such
as tuna, soups or pastas.

Monetary donations are also a huge help will help us buy basics such as
butter, sugar, flour, foil and other food to round out our meal. They
will also help us cover decorations and entertainment to make this not
only a belly filling but heartwarming experience for those that attend.

Fresh food donations can be delivered between 4:30pm-7pm on Friday,
December 13 or 8am-12pm of Saturday, December 14 to the main doors of
the school at Milvia and Allston. Please indicate what time you would
like deliver your donation.

Monetary donations are accepted as cash in the Leadership Office (make
sure it gets to Mr. Villavicencio) or as checks written to "BHS Student
Activities" with "Holiday Meal" in the memo line. These donations are
tax deductible and a letter of receipt with the school tax ID number
will be given upon request. They can be mailed to:

Berkeley High School

ATTN: John Villavicencio

1980 Allston Way

Berkeley, CA 94704

Do feel free to contact the Director of Student Activities, John
Villavicencio, at johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net
<mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>, or fax him at 510.644.8990.

--

ONE BIG SCHOOL, FULL OF GREAT LEADERS!!!
John Villavicencio

Director of Student Activities

Berkeley High School

(510) 644 - 8990

johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.