[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Help with CR Nov. 15 (Fri.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Nov 7 13:58:49 PST 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Lisa Sibony
lisasibony at berkeley.net <mailto:lisasibony at berkeley.net>

We're approaching "round 2" of Constructed Response (CR) and could use
your help again! *CR *is Berkeley High School's way, on a school-wide
level, of providing students with an opportunity to do this kind of
reading and writing on a regular basis.

On October 15th and 16th over 2,400 freshman, sophomores and juniors
read articles and wrote essays. On October 28th approximately 180 BHS
teacher, from all disciplines, scored student essays and talked about
student work.  These efforts have contributed to a sense of
collaboration around making sure that we provide academic rigor to all
of our students.

Thanks so much to the parent volunteers who made this effort possible.
  We had 6 dedicated volunteers help with organizing and distributing
materials across the school.  We couldn't have done it without you.

Next *Friday, November 15th* we'll need volunteers to organize the
materials for our second Constructed Response effort.

If you can help out in the morning or the afternoon of Nov. 15 please
let me know.  We'll be working in the Admin building, starting at 8:30
and could use at least 6 people.

Thanks!

Lisa

--

Lisa Sibony

Outreach and Volunteers

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*