[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Volunteers Needed in October

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Oct 9 14:12:19 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Lisa Sibony,
lisasibony at berkeley.net

Dear Community,

We have a variety of volunteer opportunities at Berkeley High this
month. Please let me know if you are able to help with any of the
projects below.

*1. Starting Now *-- Need 2 or more people, time is flexible - working
in the front desk area. Entering data on a spread sheet, working at a
computer in the front desk area.  Not a difficult project, should take a
few hours, can be done by more than one person, any time during the
school day.   As soon as possible.

*2. Wednesday, Oct. 16 or Thursday, Oct. 17  -- *need 2 or more people,
working in the main admin building, actual time during the school day
when this project could be done is flexible. */Two or more people
working together would be great at this! / *

Teacher Tamara Friedman writes:

We need volunteers to support us in our implementation of Constructed
Response (CR). *CR *is Berkeley High School's way, on a school-wide
level, of providing students with an opportunity to do this kind of
reading and writing on a regular basis. CR will also give BHS an
essential benchmark letting us know how effective we're being in
imparting this essential skill. As part of this effort all 9th, 10th and
11th grade students will be writing persuasive essays 3 times throughout
the year: first in their English classes, second in their History
classes and finally in their Science classes.

*To make this effort successful, we need two volunteers to work together
for half of a day to help us collate, organize and deliver materials on
  Wed. Oct. 16 or Thurs. Oct. 17 to all of our English teachers*.

*3. Wednesday, Oct. 16*-- need 4 people total.

Volunteers for vision screening for students with Individual Educational
Plans (IEP)'s: We will have vision screening for students with IEP's on
that day.  We need 2 people in the morning and 2 in the afternoon to go
around and pull students out of class for the screening in H110. It's
not reliable to just give them notes and wait for them to show up.  Last
year this system worked really well, so I'd like to do it again.

Oct 16 -AM shift would be from around 9-11:30 *(need 1 more person*)

Oct 16 -PM shift would be from 12:30-3:30 (Possibly only to 3) (*need 1
more person*)

Thank you!

Lisa Sibony

Outreach and Volunteers

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.  To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/
<http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>; BHS
website:http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/ <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
*unsubscribe*.  To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: *subscribe*.