[BHS Etree] BUSD: Board Video Updates

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Sep 29 22:45:39 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan,
markcoplan at berkeley.net

*BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT*

BOARD VIDEO UPDATES

*BUSD /Board Updates/ provides highlights of Board Meetings and other
Board activities*

*Note: Board Packets & associated documents are available at our website
and all Berkeley public libraries*

*Public Information Office (510) 644-6320 *

*BUSD Web Site: www.berkeley.net <http://www.berkeley.net/>*

*BUSD Board Meeting September 25, 2013:*

*View photos of this Board Meeting at flickr.com
<http://flickr.com>:*http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157636036536776/

**

*Closed Session and Approval of Agenda:*

The Board approved the agenda, pulling Consent Item 3.2-C Single Plan
for Student Achievement at Berkeley High School for discussion. The
Board also asked for presentation of Information Items 3.1-I BUSD
Gardening and Cooking Program, and 4.1-I Local Control Funding Formula
Requirements. *All Consent Items, including those pulled, were approved.*

See Closed Session and Approval of Agenda:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihLo8gvMXB8

See Consent Calendar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtGGIRzJcHA

See Item 3.2-C: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEnnIvtKN3

*Public Comments*

See Public Comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvD1nOxLoYk

*Union Comments*

Union Comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLVaKgCEbrE

*Board & Superintendents Comments *

See Board & Superintendents Comments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFVb8BgWhfU

**

*_Action Items:_*

_2.1-A  Initial Proposal for a Successor Agreement between BFT and BUSD_

Open Public Hearing on Item 2.1-A Initial Proposal for a Successor
Agreement between BFT and BUSD. No comments made.

See Public Hearing and Item 2.1-A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h4bw6_6UdE

_3.1-A  Approval of Common Core State Standards Implementation Funding_

Open Public Hearing on Item 3.1-A Approval of Common Core State
Standards Implementation Funding. No comments made.

See Public Hearing and Item 3.1-A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGClNhVDO_Q

**_3.2-A  Approval of Resolution for K-12 Textbook and Instructional
Materials Compliance for Fiscal Year 2013-14_

Open Public Hearing on Item 3.2-A Approval of Resolution for K-12
Textbook and Instructional Materials Compliance for Fiscal Year 2013-14.
No comments made.

See Public Hearing and Item 3.2-A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLXpFtDkO-s

*_Presentation Item:_*

_3.1-P College and Career Technical Education_

** See Item 3.1-P: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTHhq9GkkKc

_3.2-P -- Common Core Standards -- Mathematics_

** See Item 3.2-P

Part One: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc5s8vZhaNM

Part Two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LymvqO-Ckc

*Information Items:*

_3.1-I -- BUSD Gardening and Cooking Program_

The Board requested a presentation on this item.

** See Item 3.1-I: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=075YX-MTzD8

_4.1-I - Local Control Funding Formula Requirements_

The Board requested a presentation on this item.

** See Item 4.1-I: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu8R7ysFRZI

_5.1-I Facilities Plan Update_

_5.2-I -- BB Financial Update Report_

**

Note: The Board does not normally receive presentations for Information
Items.

** Information about starred items can be found in the September 25,
2013 Board packet online in the Board Meeting section of the BUSD
website:
http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/09-25-13_packet.pdf

  All Board meetings are broadcast live on Berkeley Community Media
Cable Channel 33 and re-broadcast the following Thursday morning at

9:00 AM and the following Sunday at 2:00 PM.

*Schedule of *

*Upcoming Board of Education Meetings:*

Note: The Board is currently holding three meetings a month instead of
two, with one meeting focusing on Information Items as a Board Study
Session.

October 9

October 16 - Study Session

October 23

November 13

November 20 -  Study Session

December 11

Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320 Cell: 510-472-3811

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>. To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
'unsubscribe'; To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: 'subscribe.' http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>