[BHS Etree] JOBS: Youth Spirit Artworks Is Accepting Applications

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Sep 1 21:06:53 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sally Hindman at
shindman at youthspiritartworks.org

Youth Spirit Artworks, the FUN, Berkeley-based non- profit jobs training
program empowering and transforming youth lives through paid art made in
a safe, supportive community is accepting applications for our fall 2013
program, which runs from September 9th to December 20th.

YSA is open M-F from 3:30 to 6:30pm and Sat. from noon to 3 pm. Youth
come after school. They choose 3 days each week to participate, either
MWF 3:30pm to 6:30pm or TTHF 3:30pm to 6:30pm. Youth receive 50 percent
of the proceeds of everything they make and sell as part of YSA.
Beginners get paid a $75 stipend per month for participating. Youth
climb a progression ladder of increasing responsibility each training
session in our peer-led program.

To qualify for YSA's stipended (10 hr per week) program, participants
need to be living at or below poverty level.

Youth can apply on line at www.youthspiritartworks.org
<http://www.youthspiritartworks.org> or at our art studio at 1769
Alcatraz Avenue near Adeline in S. Berkeley starting September 9th.

For info call 510-282-0396 or visit our website.  Like us on Facebook!

Sally Hindman

bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>. To post a message, send
to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
'unsubscribe'; To _subscribe_ to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: 'subscribe.'http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net
<http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>