[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: Advanced Concussion Training (ACT) for Coaches, Parents and School Staff, Sep. 17 (Tues.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Aug 26 22:18:07 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Cindy Chang cjchang at berkeley.edu

Advanced Concussion Training at Skyline High School on Tues, Sept 17th at 7
pm

I am very pleased to announce that the California Concussion Coalition and
Sports Legacy Institute will be holding an important concussion training
session on Tuesday September 17th at Skyline High School.

Here are some reasons why you should attend:

1.  The 90 minute presentation will focus on the pertinent, most recent
information regarding the recognition of concussions, and what the future
holds in regards to concussion management.  Most importantly, the
presentation will discuss WHY it is important to become more educated and
aware of concussions, and it will allow for plenty of time at the end to ask
questions.

2.  There will be a major effort to get the word out in the local
communities about this FREE training, through the media, school forums and
the Kaiser medical network.

3.  Several coaches may have already taken the NFHS on-line concussion
education course as a requirement to be hired, fulfilling our California
concussion law AB1451, that coaches be educated on concussions every 2
years.  This short on-line course is good, but is not on par with being in
an auditorium, listening to an interactive presentation, and then being able
to discuss the more controversial aspects of this topic!  This will increase
even more awareness on your school campus.

4.  Our goal is to support our coaches, and help you protect the health and
safety of your student-athletes.  If you have any questions, please don't
hesitate to contact me via email.  Thank you.

--

Cindy J. Chang, M.D.

Co-Chair, California Concussion Coalition

Sports Medicine Physician, UC Berkeley

Chief Medical Officer, 2012 Team USA, London Olympics

Sports Medicine Advisory Committee, National Federation of State High School
Associations (NFHS) and California

  Interscholastic Federation (CIF)

cjchang at berkeley.edu

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe.'   <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/