[BHS Etree] BUSD: Board Video Updates, Aug. 21

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Aug 24 07:22:51 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan
markcoplan at berkeley.net

BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

BOARD VIDEO UPDATES

BUSD Board Updates provides video highlights of Board Meetings. Click on the
link below the item if you want to watch the Board discussion and action.

Note: Board Packets & associated documents are available at our website and
all Berkeley public libraries

Public Information Office (510) <tel:%28510%29%20644-6320>  644-6320

BUSD Web Site: www.berkeley.net <http://www.berkeley.net/>

BUSD Board Meeting August 21, 2013:

View photos of this Board Meeting at flickr.com:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157635196872184/

Closed Session and Approval of Agenda

The Board approved the agenda, moving Action Items

4.1-A Approval of Public Disclosure of Collective

Bargaining Agreements and 5.1-A Approval to Accept the Tim Moellering Field
Project to the Consent Calendar. The Board also asked for presentations on
Information Items 2.1-I Employee Evaluation Report; 3.1-I Adult School
Benchmarks and 5.1-I Update on Berkeley High School Phase II and III
Construction.

All Consent Items were approved.

See Closed Session and Approval of Agenda: http://youtu.be/1RQMCgZPA9s

 Introduction of New Superintendent

See Introduction of Superintendent Donald Evans: http://youtu.be/sAW_2oZ5rpE

 <https://vimeo.com/63848886>

Public Comments

See Public Comments: http://youtu.be/Tpp0lxTNqz0

Board & Superintendents Comments

See Board & Superintendents Comments: http://youtu.be/6kkdwSdFQmw

Consent Calendar

See Approval of Consent Calendar: http://youtu.be/01OUDRERRtU

Action Items

4.1-A  Approval of Public Disclosure of Collective

Bargaining Agreements

This item was moved to the Consent Calendar where it was approved. **

4.2-A  Determination of Mandated Costs

Reimbursement Options for FY

2013-14

** See 4.2-A: http://youtu.be/NjO6iKZx_iY

5.1-A Approval to Accept the Tim Moellering Field

Project

This item was moved to the Consent Calendar where it was approved. **

Conference Item

1.1-CF Board of Education Retreat

** See 1.1-CF: http://youtu.be/dnA284UyCf4

Presentation Item

3.1-P Presentation on the Impact of Marijuana

on Youth

** See 3.1-P: http://youtu.be/umBfdaEyEuk

Information Items

Note: The Board does not normally receive presentations for Information
Items.

1.1-I CSBA Agenda Online - Paperless

Agenda

**

1.2-I Updated Board Study Session

Calendar

**

1.1-I CSBA Agenda Online - Paperless

Agenda

**

2.1-I Employee Evaluation Report

The Board requested a presentation on this item. **

See Item 2.1-I: http://youtu.be/2jbU3f0LkV4

3.1-I Adult School Benchmarks

The Board requested a presentation on this item. **

See Item 3.1-I: http://youtu.be/nEaY8nZUM8Q

3.2-I Receive Vergil's Aeneid for a First Reading for Adoption Consideration

**

5.1-I Update on Berkeley High School Phase II and III Construction

The Board requested a presentation on this item. **

See Item 5.1-I: http://youtu.be/MO89w8QY0dU

5.2-I Facilities Plan Update

**

** Information about starred items can be found in the August 21, 2013 Board
packet online in the Board Meeting section of the BUSD website:
http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/08-21-13_packet1.p
df

All Board meetings are broadcast live on

Berkeley Community Media Cable Channel 33

and re-broadcast the following Thursday morning at

9:00 AM and the following Sunday at 2:00 PM.

Schedule of  Upcoming Board of Education Meetings

September 11

September 18 Study Session

September 25

October 9