[BHS Etree] MISC: Celebration of Skip Whideman's Life, Sept. 12 (Thurs.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Aug 11 11:22:51 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan markcoplan at berkeley.net

A message to BUSD teachers, staff and students from Donna Teshima, Skip Whideman's Partner:

I am still in shock and grieving hard around Skip's passing. I miss him so much, and his kind and passionate spirit of caring about special needs students, and the Berkeley schools.

I am greatly appreciative of all their heartfelt messages of sympathy from everyone. Your kind words are helping me get through this very sad and difficult time of loss, where I am missing the love of my life. I hope everyone can participate in memorial services for Skip, which we are currently planning.

Sincerely,
Donna Teshima

Celebration of Skip Whideman's Life

Berkeley High School Memorial Rock
(Located in the lower courtyard, at the entrance to G & H buildings).

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 4:00 p.m.

The program will take place in the lower courtyard, then will move into the Food Court for a pot luck of sweet & savory finger foods, music and a slideshow.

Those who are able are encouraged to bring tour favorite sweet or savory finger foods so that we can break bread together as we remember our dear friend and colleague.

We are looking for any photos you have of Skip to use in a slideshow at the reception. Send me any photos you have electronically, or call me if you have questions about this.

In lieu of flowers, Skip's partner Donna asks that donations be made for a one time Skip Whideman First Step Scholarship, to be awarded to a special needs student in the spring at the BHS Senior Awards. Send tax deductible donations to the Berkeley High School Development Group (BHSDG), for the Skip Whideman First Step Scholarship.

BHSDG
P.O. Box 519
Berkeley, CA 94701-0519
or donate on-line: http://www.bhsdg.org/

--
Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer
Berkeley Unified School District

Marguerite Fa-Kaji, Catherine Ference and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/