[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: 3rd Request For Help with Mailing, July 25 and 26 (Thurs. and Fri.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Jul 22 11:56:25 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Amber Spencer
amberspencer at berkeley.net <mailto:amberspencer at berkeley.net>

*/
July 22, 2013/*

*//*

*/I am grateful to all of wonderful people who have stepped forward to
help with the summer mailing. While many have offered to volunteer, we
are still in need of approximately 45 more volunteers (all ages
welcome!) if we are going to pull the mailing off. Just a reminder, I am
the Principal's Assistant and I am stepping into this job because a
replacement has not yet been hired for Janet Huseby the former Outreach
and Volunteer Coordinator and I would personally appreciate all the help
that I can get. /*

On Thursday and Friday, July 25 and 26, we will be collating, labeling
and stuffing the BHS summer mailing in the BHS library. We will run the
show from 8:30 to 4 on Thursday and 8:30 until we finish on Friday. You
can volunteer for all day or as little as 15 minutes but whenever you
show up, you will be needed and welcomed.

The mailing will include instructions for registration which will take
place August 19-22, emergency forms, tips on connecting to BHS, athletic
information, etc. etc.It is a massive mailing and to put it together we
needs lots and lots of help.Last year 130 parents, guardians,
grandparents, students, and visitors stuffed for one and a half days.We
were able to haul the mailing to the post office by early afternoon.
Please let me know if you can help by sending an email by Wednesday,
7/24/13 to amberspencer at berkeley.net <mailto:amberspencer at berkeley.net>

Questions answered:

1.Freshmen registration is Monday, August 19.There are three sessions:
8:30 am, 10:30 am and 1 p.m.Your child will receive a session assignment
in the mailing which takes place July 25 and 26. Freshmen will report
directly to the Community Theater for an orientation to be followed by
registration.

2.Sophomores come on Tuesday, August 20; Juniors on Wednesday, August
21; Seniors on Thursday, August 22. There will be a makeup on Friday,
August 23. Please note, while there is a make up on Friday, by Thursday
all lockers will have been distributed.

3.During registration, students will pick up their schedule. Counselors
will be available to help students if there is a problem with the
schedule. Schedule change requests must be submitted during registration
week.

4.In addition to schedules, students will pick up textbooks, take their
picture ID, drop off forms (which will be send home in mailing), buy an
organizer (required) and receive their locker assignment.

5.If your child cannot make registration, an adult with a proxy letter
from a parent or guardian may go through the lines for him/her.The
student must watch the etree to find out when makeup picture IDs are
taken as IDs are required.No students may pick up other students'
schedules. Proxies must call missing students to ascertain that the
schedule is correct as schedule change requests must be filed the week
of August 19-23.

Marguerite Fa-Kaji,Catherine Ference and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions
to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>. To post a
message, send to: bhs at lmi.net <mailto:bhs at lmi.net>; BHS etree archives:
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line:
'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in
the subject line: 'subscribe'

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/