[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: 2nd Request

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Jul 14 21:54:31 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Amber Spencer
amberspencer at berkeley.net

I am grateful to the 14 wonderful people who have stepped forward to help
with the summer mailing but 14 is a drop in the bucket.  We need well over
100 volunteers (all ages welcome!) if we are going to pull the mailing off.
I am the Principal's Assistant and I am stepping into this job because a
replacement has not yet been hired for Janet Huseby the former Outreach and
Volunteer Coordinator and I would personally appreciate all the help that I
can get.

On Thursday and Friday, July 25 and 26, we will be collating, labeling and
stuffing the BHS summer mailing. We will run the show from 8:30 to 4 on
Thursday and 8:30 until we finish on Friday. You can volunteer for all day
or as little as 15 minutes but whenever you show up, you will be needed and
welcomed.

The mailing will include instructions for registration which will take place
August 19-22, emergency forms, tips on connecting to BHS, athletic
information, etc. etc.  It is a massive mailing and to put it together we
needs lots and lots of help.  Last year 130 parents, guardians,
grandparents, students, and visitors stuffed for one and a half days.  We
were able to haul the mailing to the post office by early afternoon. Please
let me know if you can help by sending an email to amberspencer at berkeley.net

Questions answered:

1.         Freshmen registration is Monday, August 19.  There are three
sessions: 8:30 am, 10:30 am and 1 p.m.  Your child will receive a session
assignment in the mailing which takes place July 25 and 26. Freshmen will
report directly to the Community Theater for an orientation to be followed
by registration.

2.         Sophomores come on Tuesday, August 20; Juniors on Wednesday,
August 21; Seniors on Thursday, August 22. There will be a makeup on Friday,
August 23. Please note, while there is a make up on Friday, by Thursday all
lockers will have been distributed.

3.         During registration, students will pick up their schedule.
Counselors will be available to help students if there is a problem with the
schedule. Schedule change requests must be submitted during registration
week.

4.         In addition to schedules, students will pick up textbooks, take
their picture ID, drop off forms (which will be sent home in mailing), buy
an organizer (required) and receive their locker assignment.

5.         If your child cannot make registration, an adult with a proxy
letter from a parent or guardian may go through the lines for him/her.  The
student must watch the etree to find out when makeup picture IDs are taken
as IDs are required.  No students may pick up other students' schedules.
Proxies must call missing students to ascertain that the schedule is correct
as schedule change requests must be filed the week of August 19-23.

Thank you!

Amber Spencer

Principal's Assistant

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'