[BHS Etree] BUSD: Board Video Updates, June 26

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Jul 2 21:09:35 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan
markcoplan at berkeley.net

BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

BOARD VIDEO UPDATES

BUSD Board Updates provides highlights of Board Meetings and other Board
activities

Note: Board Packets & associated documents are available at our website and
all Berkeley public libraries

Public Information Office (510) 644-6320

BUSD Web Site: www.berkeley.net <http://www.berkeley.net/>

BUSD Board Meeting June 26, 2013:

View photos of Board Meetings at flickr.com

Closed Session and Approval of Agenda:

The Board approved the agenda, with staff pulling

2.2-CF Elimination/Reduction and Addition of Specified Classified Positions
for LEARNS Program.

All Consent Items were approved.

See Closed Session and Approval of Agenda: https://vimeo.com/69385084

Public Comments:

See Public Comments: https://vimeo.com/69385083

See Extended: https://vimeo.com/69392184

Union Comments:

See Union Comments: https://vimeo.com/69385086

Board & Superintendents Comments:

See Board & Superintendents Comments, including Board Recognition of Interim
Co-Superintendents Cleveland and Smith: https://vimeo.com/69385085

Consent Calendar:

See Approval of Consent Calendar: https://vimeo.com/69386870

Action Items:

2.1-A Agreement by and between District and the Personnel Commission
Relative to Administrative Coordination of Functions

** Item 2.1-A was discussed with no action, and will return to the Board at
a later date. See Discussion: https://vimeo.com/69386871

3.1-A  Approval of 2013-2014 Consolidated School Plans for Student
Achievement

** Item 3.2-A: https://vimeo.com/69386873

4.1-A

Approval of Budget

**

Open Public Hearing on Item 4.1-A - Approval of Budget. No comments made.

See Public Hearing and Item 4.1-A: https://vimeo.com/69350743

5.1-A Approval of Schematic Design of the Longfellow Cafeteria

** See 5.1-A: https://vimeo.com/69350744

Conference Items:

2.1-CF Elimination/Reduction of Certain Classified Positions

** See 2.1-CF: https://vimeo.com/69386872

 2.2-CF Elimination/Reduction and Addition of Specified Classified Positions
for

LEARNS Program

This item was pulled from the agenda by staff.

 3.1-CF Approval of New Administrative Position to Oversee 2020 Vision
Initiatives

The Board decided to hold any discussion of this item until incoming
Superintendent Donald Evans has had an opportunity to provide input.

** See Item 3.1-CF: https://vimeo.com/69392183

Information Items:

5.1-I I Maintenance and BB Third Quarter FY 2013 Report

**

5.2-I I Update on the Proposed Portable Replacement Project

The Board requested a presentation on this item. **

See Item 5.2-I: https://vimeo.com/69386874

Note: The Board does not normally receive presentations for Information
Items.

** Information about starred items can be found in the June 26, 2013 Board
packet online in the Board Meeting section of the BUSD website:

All Board meetings are broadcast live on

Berkeley Community Media Cable Channel 33

and re-broadcast the following Thursday morning at

9:00 AM and the following Sunday at 2:00 PM.

Schedule of  Upcoming Board of Education Meetings:

Note: The Board is currently holding three meetings a month instead of two,
with one meeting focusing on Information Items as a Board Study Session.

Tentative July Board Meeting for Budget Approval - Date To Be Announced

August 21

September 11

September 18 Study Session

September 25

October 9

--

Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'