[BHS Etree] TEEN SERVICES: Youth Spirit Artworks Summer Program Accepting Applications

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon May 20 07:55:04 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sally Hindman,
shindman at youthspiritartworks.org

Youth Spirit Artworks is accepting applications for its totally fun,
stipended art jobs training program that runs June 17th to August 16th
serving homeless and low income young people, ages 16 to 25. Applications
are available on line at: www.youthspiritartworks.org or at our art studio
at 1769 Alcatraz Avenue near Adeline Street in South Berkeley. Our summer
program is in two sections, Studio Art 10am to 2pm and Community Art 2:00pm
to 6:00pm.

Beginning youth involved in both the Art Studio and Community Art programs
receive $300 for their participation over the summer. In the Art Studio
youth create tote bags, canvasses, tee shirts, and other art to sell and
help sell art, earning 50 percent of the proceeds of everything they make
that we sell, for originals, and 20 percent, for reproductions of their
artwork.

In our Community Art program youth will be involved this summer in leading
clay tile making workshops involving children and others as we create 1275
mosaic tiles for 2 new signs for Malcolm X Elementary School on Ashby
Avenue.

For info about Youth Spirit visit us on line at www.youthspiritartworks.org
or call 510-282-0396 with any questions.

Art Saves Lives!

Sally Hindman

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'

 <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/> http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/