[BHS Etree] JOBS: Youth Spirit Artworks Accepting Spring & Summer Applicants

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Apr 10 19:05:49 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sally Hindman
shindman at youthspiritartworks.org

Youth Spirit Artworks, the award-winning, totally fun art jobs training

program empowering low-income Bay Area young people, ages 16 to 25, has

three spaces open right now for participants in our spring 2013 program

which will end on June 7th. We are also accepting applications for our

summer intensive program which starts June 17th and runs through August

10th.

Our spring program runs after school M-F 3:30 to 6:30pm and youth are

involved three days per week either M/W/F or T/Th/F. Beginning

participants are paid a training stipend of $75/month and also make 50%

of the proceeds of all the art they make and sell. We sell youth art

work both at our retail store and through our art sales venture, the Art

Cart!

YSA is a terrific place to make art, for getting experience in the work

place, for building up your resume, for generating material to put on

your college applications, and provides a safe, nurturing high energy

social community. Youth Spirit young artists gain skills, experience and

self-confidence through their engagement as growing leaders!

For more information about our program visit our web site at:

www.youthspiritartworks.org <http://www.youthspiritartworks.org/>  or stop
by our art studio and retail store

at 1769 Alcatraz Avenue near Adeline Street. You can also call:

510-282-0396 with any questions.

Sally Hindman

Executive Director

Youth Spirit Artworks