[BHS Etree] BUSD: Board Video Updates March 27, 2013

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri Apr 5 10:32:36 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan,
markcoplan at berkeley.net

*BERKELEY** UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT*

BOARD VIDEO UPDATES

* *

*BUSD Board Updates provides highlights of Board Meetings and other Board
activities*

*Note: Board Packets & associated documents are available at our website
and all Berkeley public libraries*

* *

*Public Information Office (510) 644-6320    *

*BUSD Web Site: www.berkeley.net*

* *

*BUSD Board Meeting March 27, 2013:***

*View photos of Board Meetings at flickr.com:*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157633146570128/**

* *

*Closed Session and Approval of Agenda:*

The Board approved the agenda, pulling Consent Item 3.1-C *Approval of
School Safety Plans* for discussion and moving Action Item 4.1-A New Bond
Issuance for Measure I to Consent.  *All Consent Items including the item
pulled were approved.*

See Closed Session and Approval of Agenda: https://vimeo.com/63110217

* *

*Board Recognition – BHS Girls Basketball Div I NorCal Champions:***

The Board recognized Berkeley High School Girls Varsity Basketball Team,
Division I Northern California Champions (13th NorCal Championship), and
Runner Up for the Division I State Championship. See Recognition:
https://vimeo.com/63101726

*Public Comments:*

See Public Comments: https://vimeo.com/63101725

*Union Comments:*

See Union Comments: https://vimeo.com/63101727

* *

*Board & Superintendents Comments: *

See Board & Superintendents Comments:

* *

*Action Items:***

*1.1-A Approval of Process to Fill Board Vacancy by*

*Appointment*

* *

The Board Approved this item. **

See Item 1.1-A Part One: https://vimeo.com/62957650

Item 1.1-A Part Two:

*1.2-A Election of Board President*

The Board voted to appoint Director Karen Hemphill as Board President to
complete the remainder of Director Leah Wilson’s term, from April 1 to
December 11, 2013. ** See Item 1.2-A at the end of Item 1.1-A Part Two.

*2.1-A Declaration of Need for Fully Qualified*

*Educators*

The Board Approved this item. ** See Item 2.1-A: https://vimeo.com/63109952

* *

*4.1-A New Bond Issuance for Measure I*
The Board moved this item to the Consent Calendar where it was approved. **

*
*

*Consent Calendar:*

See Approval of Consent Calendar including the discussion of 3.1-C:
https://vimeo.com/62957652

* *

*Presentation Items:***

*3.1-P Presentation on Career and Technical*

*Education*

** See Item 3.1-P: https://vimeo.com/63106111**

* *

*Information Items:*

*3.1-I Proposed New BHS Textbooks*

There was no presentation for this item. **

** Information about starred items can be found in the March 27, 2013 Board
packet online in the Board Meeting section of the BUSD website:
http://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/03-27-13_packet.pdf

All Board meetings are broadcast live on

Berkeley Community Media Cable Channel 33

and re-broadcast the following Thursday morning at

9:00 AM and the following Sunday at 2:00 PM.**

* *

*Schedule of *

*Upcoming Board of Education Meetings:*

Note: The Board is currently holding three meetings a month instead of two,
with one meeting focusing on Information Items as a Board Study Session.

April 10

April 17          Study Session

April 24

May 8