[BHS Etree] SPORTS: BHS Girls Basketball Div. I State Championship Photos

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sat Mar 23 23:17:51 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan
markcoplan at berkeley.net

The BHS Yellow Jackets didn't win on Friday, but the whole community is
proud of their making it to the state championships against all odds, after
winning the last four games when all the experts said they didn't have a
chance, marking Berkeley's 13th run at the state championship. Berkeley
High's own Tiffany Williams sang the National Anthem beautifully, and I
happened to catch that on video. Check out that and photos of the game
below,  including the BHS Cheerleaders when they took over the court for
Half-Time. Berkeley was in the house. Here is an excerpt from The SF
Chronicle.

Excerpt from S.F. Chronicle Blog:

Division I Girls Basketball State Championship

Long Beach Poly 46, Berkeley 28

The Yellow Jackets, who won four games as the 12th seed in the NorCal
playoffs, were just over-anxious said Berkeley coach Cheryl Draper.
USF-bound Rachel Howard led Berkeley with 11 points, Desire Finnie and
Jaimonie Welch-Coleman combined for 13 points and 10 rebounds for Berkeley.

"We were going 180 miles per hour instead of just playing our pace," she
said. "We were in a hurry rather than just being fast."

It was Berkeley's record 13th appearance in the state finals, but it has
recorded just two victories.

Tiffany Williams Sings Anthem at CIF Championship on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf1x8UWSoLU
Tiffany Williams Sings Anthem at CIF Championship on Vimeo:
https://vimeo.com/62486483
BHS Girls Basketball State 2013 Pre-Game Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157633069194401/
BHS Girls Basketball State 2013 First Half Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157633070139487/
BHS Girls Basketball State 2013 Second Half Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157633074757570/
BHS Girls Basketball State 2013 Post-Game Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53901376@N04/sets/72157633071549081/

Mark Coplan, Public Information Officer

Berkeley Unified School District

510-644-6320

subject line: 'unsubscribe'; To subscribe to the etree, send an email to
<mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the
subject line: 'subscribe'