[BHS Etree] Message from Principal Scuderi: Incident Report

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Mar 13 14:13:57 PDT 2013

Dear BHS Staff and Families:

At approximately 11:15 a.m. our Dean of Students, Mr. Ardarius McDonald,
received word from our Berkeley Police Department School Resource Officer
that a strong-armed robbery occurred at Milvia and Stuart street,
approximately 1 mile from the BHS campus.

Our current understanding from our safety staff is that an adult male
robbed and assaulted a student from BTECH, and that a weapon was involved.

The Berkeley Police Department is following up with BTECH staff and BHS
safety staff has been briefed with the particulars.

We do not have reason to believe that this incident poses any ongoing
threat to the BHS campus. However, we do feel that the incident warrants
parent and staff notification as its proximity to campus and the highly
visible police activity in the neighborhood this morning will likely
generate some questions and speculation.

BTECH and the King Child Development Center were in fact locked down for
approximately 30 minutes.

Respectfully,

Pasquale Scuderi
Principal