[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Thank You from Mr. Miller

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Mar 10 21:42:49 PDT 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Alan Miller alanmiller at berkeley.net

Mr. Miller thanks the 37 assembly volunteers.

Thank you for your helping make the March 7 Assembly, "Honoring Berkeley's Peacekeepers", such a success.

It is a difficult job assisting some 1600 teachers and students into a space as large as Berkeley's
Community Theatre.  This was made especially difficult by the fact that BHS has not hosted an
assembly of this type for many years.  Some teachers and students had never attended an assembly.
Some had only infrequently even entered the large theatre.  There were so many of you!  Your presence
was necessary not only to usher students to seats but also to create an adult presence which would
ensure that the environment was a serious one.  Getting students calmly into seats was a prerequisite
for a successful assembly.  There is no assembly if we don't get them in the building fairly quickly and
calmly.

That being said, we can get better.  We have experience now.  So, I hope you will volunteer again
and I hope that you can share some of your insights on how to improve.  Finally, part of the grant
that funded the assembly requires some feedback.  I certainly want to include your voices as we
assess this important work.

Thanks so much.

AM

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/