[BHS Etree] AC: Great Opportunity for New Laptops

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Feb 14 16:15:35 PST 2013

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Ben Sanoff bensanoff at berkeley.net

Good Afternoon Berkeley High Community,

Academic Choice has a great opportunity to acquire an additional Chromebook cart which consists of 30 laptops and a cart for the very low price of $3,000. Typically these laptops would cost at least $12,000 but as a result of a special collaboration between Donorschoose and Google we can acquire the laptops for $3,316 including tax. We have already raised over $1,250 so we are close to to receiving these Chromebooks. In addition, if you contribute before February 18th and use the code HEART your donation will be matched by Donorschoose.

These carts are important in providing opportunities for students within AC to engage in online learning and gain access to the internet during instructional time. Matt Carton Co Lead Teacher of Academic Choice had the following to say about the value of the Chromebook cart we acquired last spring: “Chromebooks have proven to be a beneficial resource to my learning environment”.

To contribute to the purchase of these laptops please visit http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/proposal.html?id=933590&sharebar=true&utm_source=dc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=proposal_approve#materialsList  and make a tax deductible contribution today.

Thanks in advance for your efforts on behalf of the Berkeley High community.

Ben Sanoff
Co Lead Teacher of Academic Choice

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net; BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/

http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/